Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
haverty
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8330
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Yahoo sync issue - temp solution

Well, it gets further in the process than it has previously.  It pulls in information from Yahoo and asks to make changes for conflicts, new additions, etc.  Click Accept and it starts... then a error displays saying the connection to Yahoo was lost.  One step closer, but it is still not syncing for me.

I tried resetting the sync process and entering everything again including Yahoo information.  That did not work.... it says connection to Yahoo lost each time I try it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
haverty
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8330

Removed the option to sync notepad and now it synced the address book.  It was giving a intelisync error.  Unchecked to do the memo sync and the contacts synced without any problem.  Finally!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jillparr
My Device: Storm2
My Carrier: Verizon

I had given up sinceJan '10 trying to synch my Yahoo address book with my storm2 using DM 5.0.1.

Well, I gave it a try today, and voila!  It worked great.  They must have fixed "something" since Yahoo changed their contacts. 

So glad to have that behind me!

Good luck everyone!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
detrop
My Device: Tour 9630

Here we go again :manmad:.  Sync to Contact failing again.  Calendar, Tasks and MemoPad synch fine.  Could it because I upgraded to Desktop Manager 6.0?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
detrop
My Device: Tour 9630

I figured out why Addressbook synch was freezing.  The "First" and "Last" name fileds in Yahoo must have values and be filled in.  I had several records with only "Company" names, which is compatible with the Blackberry device, but confuses Yahoo.  I tricked Yahoo by inserting "---" in the first and last name fields where there were not individual names, only company names.

Please use plain text.