Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
zippee
My Device: curve 8330

bb when syncing - error rim.desktop.autoupdate

running windows xp  software ver 6.

phone bb 8330 updated

get nothing but errors when trying to connect and sync. plug in lights up next to battery on the phone but doesn't say connected to the computer as it did with the older version.

tried new cable same problem

help

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: bb when syncing - error rim.desktop.autoupdate

Hey zippee,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

I would suggest performing a clean uninstall of the BlackBerry Desktop Software which can be done by following this KB article: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02206

Then proceed to download the software and install from www.blackberry.com/desktop

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
bravestar
My Device: Bold 9700

i have been searching for weeks to try and solve this issue.

i have uninstalled all products and reinstalled it.

still getting no satisfaction from bb desktop software.

and we all know that sending an error report never gets the problem solved. they an even take away send error report. never solved anything!

New Contributor
bravestar

seriously? no help?

untitled.GIF

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello...here's a more  thorough desktop software "start over" procedure that may work.

I suggest the following steps (insert plenty of reboots of your PC...not just restarts, but full power down reboots). Also, it is advised that you be logged into the PC on an account with full admin rights. Further, under Vista/Win7, use the "Run As Administrator" option for everything.

Further, it has also been reported that when your user profile on windows (type 'echo %userprofile%' in the command prompt) contains spaces, then the installer will not work. In order to solve this issue, log out of your Windows account and log back in using the local Administrator account (or any other account name without spaces) and install the desktop (for all users).

1) Remove your device OS update package from your PC (add/remove programs)

2) Cleanly uninstall the RIM DTM software:

• KB02206 How to perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software

• Some have reported that there are more registry keys to remove than are discussed in that KB...be sure to search your registry for any related to RIM

• Others have reported the use of a registry cleansing tool to also be helpful

• Still others have reported the use of your original PIM (e.g., Outlook, NOTES, etc.) installation CD, running the "repair" process, to be helpful in some situations

3) Get a fresh download of the RIM DTM software:

4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your device OS package from your carrier:

5) Install DTM to your PC

6) Install (also to your PC), the device OS package

7) Retry whatever it was in the desktop software that was needed

Hopefully that will get things going again.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
nicolasqc
My Device: curve

Hi all,

I was getting an error rim.desktop.autoupdate and did what everybody was saying on this webpage and couldn't get my software to work. Still havinf few errors and software was finally crashing.

I found out that before this error I was getting another error which was:

c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config

error 0xC00CE556

With OS windows 7 home edition with 64 bits installed I've tried to reinstall framework v2 but I only have V4 installed. I've tried to reinstall this one, but nothing solve the problem. I also try to install it from Microsoft web site and the installation was saying the the software was already iinstalled. I could'nt found how to uninstall it.

While going on the folder c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET I've realized that I had two folders for Framework, one which is Framework (i guess for 32bits) and second one Framework64 which must be the 64 bits version which I have on my system.

Blackberry software is probably installing this 32 bits version and since I have a 64 bits system, it will not work.

So I have then copy the file from

c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config

to

and replaced it

I have now my balckberry software working perfectly without any errors.

I hope that can help some of you!!!

Nicolas

Montréal, Québec

New Contributor
bravestar

after spending hours and hours doing your options, still no luck.

I think i am just going over to apple!

mayne
My Device: Blackberry Q5

thanks nicolas.

best and quickest solution i found in the net.

problem solved 100% !!

nicolasqc wrote:

Hi all,

I was getting an error rim.desktop.autoupdate and did what everybody was saying on this webpage and couldn't get my software to work. Still havinf few errors and software was finally crashing.

I found out that before this error I was getting another error which was:

error 0xC00CE556

With OS windows 7 home edition with 64 bits installed I've tried to reinstall framework v2 but I only have V4 installed. I've tried to reinstall this one, but nothing solve the problem. I also try to install it from Microsoft web site and the installation was saying the the software was already iinstalled. I could'nt found how to uninstall it.

While going on the folder c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET I've realized that I had two folders for Framework, one which is Framework (i guess for 32bits) and second one Framework64 which must be the 64 bits version which I have on my system.

Blackberry software is probably installing this 32 bits version and since I have a 64 bits system, it will not work.

So I have then copy the file from

c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config

to

and replaced it

I have now my balckberry software working perfectly without any errors.

I hope that can help some of you!!!

Nicolas

Montréal, Québec

:Clap: