07-03-2012 10:22 AM
I am trying to add the French language to my device and to remove Russian and arabic that are implemented in it.
In the Desktop software, I cannot find any specification in order to do so. When I press "Aplications" - there is no alternative that matks the possibility to add or remove languages.
Can you help?
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-03-2012 10:36 AM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
Please start here:
Typically, it is a matter of the exact BB OS package you install (via your PC) to your BB, and further then selecting the languages you wish to be included on the BB. What I recommend is, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML (there will be at least one, perhaps 2)
5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
Don't forget to backup.
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!
07-04-2012 06:15 PM