Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: orange

computer recognition

i am having a nightmare with my blackberry curve 8520 - i bought it second hand, phone worked perfectly happy days.

when trying to connect to desktop manager on pc (xp service pack 3) the usb wouldnt recognise device.

few days later  was downloading update to blackbrery messenger on phone when it crashed phone showing error 552 - followed advice on forum of taking out battery and inserting usb to reload operating system which i did at this point because battery was out my pc recognised blackberry and upload of new o/s starts but as soon as battery is re-inserted the pc no longer recognises device and installation can not be completed.

not very computer literate but have general understanding and cannot for life of me get why it will recognise one minute then not the next

someone pls help me i going bald with stress

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: computer recognition

Hi dukesie,

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

At what point in the software reload are you reinserting the battery? Do you still have this issue if you wait until the very end of the application load when you see "waiting for device initialization"?

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!