Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

jtwilcox
My Device: Not Specified

config sync:error: Folder is no longer part of the system data source or the folder not found

This is the message I am getting when i try to configure synchronization through intellisync in all functions.  Any ideas?

Folder is no longer part of the system data source or the folder not found

JT

Developer
hmeister
My Device: 9000

Re: config sync:error: Folder is no longer part of the system data source or the folder not found

jtwilcox wrote:

This is the message I am getting when i try to configure synchronization through intellisync in all functions.  Any ideas?

Folder is no longer part of the system data source or the folder not found

JT

Hi JT;

One possible hit on the KB is here...

This may shed some light on your issue. If it does not apply, there may be a piece of this that does.

Can you read the link and provide more information regarding your mail setup?

H.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If successful in helping you, please give me kudos in my post.
Please mark the post that solved it for you!
Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
jtwilcox

Re: config sync:error: Folder is no longer part of the system data source or the folder not found

I did look at this information, I think it is part of the issue, however I am a little unsure about how to proceed.  all of my Outlook information is already in a .pst file and the profile is a MAPI profile.  I could make another profile but wouldn't that fail to rtrack all my calendar, contact and task informaiton on the profile that i normally use?
Developer
hmeister

What is your current setup on your default mail client?

Are you running Vista or XP?

What version of Outlook are you running?

H.

Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
jtwilcox

Mail account is MAPI

XP

Outlook 2007

thanks for your help so far!

JT

Developer
hmeister

jtwilcox wrote:

Mail account is MAPI

XP

Outlook 2007

thanks for your help so far!

JT

Hi...

Based upon the folder error, my guess is the Desktop Manager is having difficulty determining your default mail client. I am not sure why but it is easy enough to redo a profile in Outlook just to test this. (Control Panel / Mail)

Of course, I would backup my PST file prior to doing this and then create a new profile and import the PST file into the new profile. Once the profile is running and tested ok, I would again go to the Control Panel / Mail and set the default profile to point to the newly created profile. Then run the Desktop Manager and see what happens....

H.

Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister