Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom
Accepted Solution

contact list problem

I am unable to add a new contact and I can not edit an existing one???
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: contact list problem

From reading all the other posts with this problem it appears there is a problem caused by the recent update to the I'm clients (yahoo, windows live etc) so just delete any of these apps you updated recently and you should be able to add/edit contacts again
New Contributor

Thank you jamead1981 it helped me a lot
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9650
My Carrier: sprint

hello I'm new and greek about this whole stuff -- I have same problem but thing is I need those apps -- I have a bold 9650 handset v5.0.0.1030 OS5 I think -- I had updated versions of FB, twiiter and YM those that I use with my handset. then I was unable to edit contact list and add new contacts. what's worst is that I can't even back it up with the BB protect it says my ID is invalid when it's not online using PC. My point, I want the old stuff back to avoid this whole complications and restore my peace of mind. I did wipe outs battery pull-offs while I was able to edit the contact deleting YM I'm unable to back up my infos in BB protect to save my infos from future probs plus I need those apps those three are my main apps-- HELP please sorry =(
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9650
My Carrier: sprint

hello I'm new and greek about this whole stuff -- I have same problem but thing is I need those apps -- I have a bold 9650 handset v5.0.0.1030 OS5 I think -- I had updated versions of FB, twiiter and YM those that I use with my handset.   then I was unable to edit contact list and add new contacts. what's worst is that I can't even back it up with the BB protect it says my ID is invalid when it's not online using PC.  My point, I want the old stuff back to avoid this whole complications and restore my peace of mind.  I did wipe outs battery pull-offs and while I was able to edit the contact deleting YM I'm unable to back up my infos in BB protect to save my infos from future probs plus I need those apps those three are my main apps.  I tried updating softwares to OS6 but to know avail and I'm not sure what to do since I'm no techie on this matter somebody expert HELP me please I just want the old way back and the BB protect is important too.

New Contributor

I had to delete my windows live messenger and I could add and edit contacts again. With blackberry i d you need to go to your advance settings tcp/ip settings and type in internet and save it. Then try to update and if successfull clear what you have typed in by that setting and save.