Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Storm 9350
Accepted Solution

default mail client setting?

Since my desktop software was upgraded, everytime I open it...I get the message that "Either there is no defaul mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request.  Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

Problem is...I opened up MS Outlook and it **is** set as the default mail client.....so what gives?  

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: default mail client setting?

While installing Desktop Manager which email setting have you selected? BES or BIS?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor

I don't recall being asked such a question on install......of course, the version I had on the CD that came with my Blackberry did not have the "email" features that the upgrade does....and as far as I recall, the upgrade did not ask such a question either....

Is this a setting I should change somewhere?  What should it be....whatever it isn't now?  lol

Contributor

Still having this issue....any ideas?
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Uninstall Desktop Manager:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02206&slic...

Obtain the latest DM software:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/

Launch your default email client.

Reinstall DM from the latest download.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Figured this out today....it was looking for "MS Outlook" to be set as the default mail client.....*not* "MS Outlook Express" which I was using....

I set up the Outlook program and it seems to be working fine now.