Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
shadowboo
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: 3

desk top software

every time i plug in my 9360 in to my laptop blackberry desk top starts then crashes and say windows is looking for the problem but nothing happens ive removed the software then reinstall it and stil nowt all i want to do is syinc 

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: desk top software

Hi there,

When you uninstall the Desktop Software from your computer and then reinstall it, what are the steps you take? I would try it as follows:

Go to the Control Panel > Programs & Features, then uninstall the BlackBerry Desktop Software from there. Next reboot your computer. Once your computer has rebooted, go to http://blackberry.com/desktop and redownload a fresh copy of the Desktop Software from there and install that to your computer.

Does that now work? If not, the final thing to do is to run a registry cleaner such as Registry Mechanic to ensure that any problem entries in your registry have been cleaned up. Usually when there are issues like this, its because of a registry related error.

Anyhow, I hope that info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shadowboo
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: 3

hi yes i already did all that and no joy

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

You've tried a registry cleaner as well? If so, I would contact your carrier for further assistance. If they are unable to help you themselves, they should be able to forward you on to BlackBerry support for further assistance.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.