Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
dm2006
My Device: 9700

Re: duplicate contacts showing up on blackberry.

I have blackberry desktop manager version 6.0.1.18 ..... i dont have the Clear Address Book All option available....

how else can i clear my contacts from by smartphone?

ps. i already backed up All Data, of course.

Thanks in advance!!!! take care

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Try these links.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB23680How to back up and restore BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0

KB10167How to clear the user content databases from the BlackBerry smartphone

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
jlbenc
My Device: Torch 9800

This did it for my case:

1. Remove all contacts with BB Desktop 6 http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05313

2. Sync again with outlook, via BB Desktop

3. Smile!! :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
pokerface262
My Device: curve & 8520

To clear this issue up I took these simple steps:

1. On the Blackberry, open the contacts and go to your options. (Menu -> Options)
  2. Simply type: rset
  3. The device will prompt you to delete the local list and re-populate from the server, choose yes. (Probably a good idea to make a backup of the contacts on the server)

After a few minutes the device downloaded the contacts again and the duplicates were gone!

MalcolmSA
My Device: Blackberry Bold Touch 9900

I went and exported all the contacts that I have in various mail accounts into csv format, then I went and imported them into a gmail account.  Once that was done a used the gmail program to remove and merge duplicates.  Once that was done I went and used the RSET function in the contacts options screen and deleted all the contacts on my phone.  I then installed google sync on my phone and synced the contacts in the mail account that I uploaded, merged and "de-duped". Problem solved!

HOCHIMINH
My Device: 9700

hi,

go to your contact list > go to option > type: RSET > delete the contact list that you dont want to use by conferming the pop uo messege.

make sure yo backup before. also, it will show you how many contacts you have in each accoount, so make sure that in the account that you do net delte you have all you contacts (compare the number with your outlook)

in the future - when you are crating the new Email account, make sure to disable the Wireless synchronization of the contact list.

also - in Calendar > option > make sure to disable the Wireless synchronization in all the accounts.