Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Regular Contributor
msd1962
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

esktop Manager v.7

I have downloadedthe new software...but the problem is it gets stuck at the processing review stage and finally I have to cancel the sync process....

What is the problem with the new version???

How do I go back to old version....

It's reallysad that you development team does not check new software   before uploading.....in any case you take time to react to the market situation....

New Contributor
jerryhart
My Device: BB Bold 9900

Re: esktop Manager v.7

I received notification of an upgrade so agreed to download. After downloading (108MB) the software said I needed C++ SP1 installing for it to work.

I installed C++ SP1 and downloaded the upgrade AGAIN! (Why was that needed?) then received the error message below.

Please explain the following:

1 - Why doesn't your software installer check for essential components before downloading? (or at least ask?)

2 - Why doesn't it work even though the requested components have been added?

3 - Why is it that EVERY TIME you produce an upgrade it creates more problems than benefits? This is a serious question, though partly rhetorical. Its purpose is to make you think about why you let your busy business customers down, when we have invested so much trust in your technology.

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

I downloaded the new installed as a standalone package and then installed it without any issue.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor
lontjc
My Device: Curve 8520

I just had exactly the same problem and error message as Jerryhart above.  Do I need to download and install "Microsolft Visual C++ 200 SPI Redistributable Package"?    If so, where do I source it?        I did not fully understand your post "I downloaded the new installed as a standalone package and then installed it without any issue".  Could you elaborate on what you downloaded new from where as a standalone package?

Contributor
philtrees
My Device: blackberry curve 9300

Re: Desktop Manager v.7

If you download Desktop Manager update 7.0.0 from the website instead of the application it downloads the Microsoft visual file first then the desktop and all will be well!  :Clap:

Contributor
lontjc

I did as you suggested and all seemed to be going well until the very last few seconds of the install process when I got error message 1721 about a missing programme and the install failed.

New Contributor
jerryhart

OK - thanks for the input, but we need a bit more information for this to be helfpul:
1 - Which OS are you using? I'm on Windows 7
2 - Was yours a clean install, or were you upgrading a prior version of BB Desktop?
New Contributor
jerryhart

Sorry - forgot to mention that I was upgrading.
Contributor
lontjc

Yes, upgrading from Desktop 5.0 on a new-ish Dell Laptop running Windows 7. 

New Contributor
drtelos
My Device: 9800

You are the lucky few! I am still stuck. But I downloaded an older version, which I will try soon.