Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

iTunes library fails to update in Blackberry Desktop for Mac (2.4)

Having difficulty updating music on my 9780. On previous editions of Desktop Software and newest (2.4.0) build the Music folder is not updating as my iTunes library is expanded. It is stuck on a version with old playlists and music and when I attempt to update the media on my Blackberry it does not include any new songs or playlists. I have completed erased all music and media files on my Blackberry device but the issue seems to be that the Desktop software does not recognize new changes to my iTunes library files. Help?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Classic Q20 and PlayBook 64Gb

Re: iTunes library fails to update in Blackberry Desktop for Mac (2.4)

This is often the problem with the new features that Apple implement more and more for each functionalities and moving them to "the cloud" (iCloud).

Thus physically removing the files from the Mac makes the BBDM (logically) unable to sync with no-more existing files on the computer...

This is the case currently for the address book and iCal. I guess that new functionalities in iTunes might have the same effect. Haven't you enabled new features recently in iTunes?

Like "iTunes match" for example?...

-------------
Don't forget to mark as "solved" if your question is replied and to "like" a useful reply to your post ;-)