Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
drivenbywhat
My Device: 8530
Accepted Solution

media options are not available

[ Edited ]

I upgraded to version 6 of the desktop software and now I can't view the pictures I have in my blackberry. When I click on pictures I get the following:

3273i6A005E18D991F2AF

I don't get the tabs that are supposed to show up saying "device pictures" or "computer pictures". I didn't have this problem with version 5 of the software. I do have "mass storage" turned on. The pictures are in internal memory not a media card. I've tried to access the pictures through "my computer" but the drive that shows up for the blackberry says "insert disk". I read a kb that described this symptom but it only applied if the device showed 0001 or 8001 in device manager. Mine shows 8004. Can anyone help?

Contributor
csantoss
My Device: 9900 / PB 32 GB

Re: media options are not available

try turning off mass storage...

New Contributor
drivenbywhat

Even though I knew your reply was off the mark I tried it anyway and no it didn't help to do the opposite of what it's asking me to check.

New Contributor
funky_broom
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9800 Torch

I had a similar problem, it had to do with the USB port. What i did was the following.

Uninstalled BDM (again sorry i know its a pain)

reboot pc

Switch off Firewall

re-install BDM 6 

Make sure firewall is still switched off

take battery off Phone 

wait for approx 1 min

replace battery and let phone reboot itself

when phone has settled down connect USB cable to phone and into a DIFFERENT USB PORT on pc, it should then reload the drivers for the Blackberry.

Sometimes i had to do this 2 or 3 times as it would occasionally fail to load !!!! why i do not know.

eventually BDM will connect to phone and you should be able to now see your media, pics & music plus your synch options.

Once all this is done, whilst the phone is still connected to the BDM and pc switch your Firewall back on leave for about 15 - 20 mins then you can disconnect.

This is what i had to do, and occassionaly i still have to do it it whenever windows 7 does an automatic update ???? 

Good luck, but as i say its something to try and it works for me (sometimes)

Thomas

New Contributor
drivenbywhat

[ Edited ]

Thanks for responding Thomas. Thankfully I managed to fix this issue last night. Prior to your post I had also tried uninstalling & reinstalling dm6 except for taking out the battery & turning off the firewall. That didn't work. I tried installing dm5 since that was working before and that didn't work either.  What did work was a hotfix by blackberry. Although it asks you to make sure your blackberry says 0001 or 8001 in windows "device manger" mine said 8004. I tried it anyways since I didn't have much to lose at this point and it worked.

I would like to upgrade to dm6 again but I don't want to risk it now that I have it working. Maybe in the future. The link at the bottom of my post contains the hotfix for this issue.As I said your blackberry doesn't necessarily have to say 0001 or 8001. Give it a try the next time you have this issue. Although it says you need version 4-5 of dm I'm guessing it will work with dm6.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB19717

Visitor
mamajpink
My Device: Curve 8900

The hotfix also resolved my issue after I received my warranty replacement!

Thanks for the good info! :smileyhappy:

Developer
ronenfe
My Device: Not Specified

i can declare this fix doesn't work with bdm6.

kellerj23
My Device: 9800

In case anyone is curious, I just rant the hotfix with BDM6 and it fixed my issue.

Developer
ronenfe

well , i checked now again since then, and now it works, i don't know why.

New Developer
wonderfull

I still have the problem with the latest BDM 6.0.2..45 but the problem persists.

The BDM software suggests trying with a media card (I dont have one).

Girish