Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

mirroring Blackberries

I would like to 'mirror' a Blackberry. The idea is that I have two BB's - one that is actively being used and synching with Outlook and one that is a hot spare that will be constantly updated with changes done to the other. If the primary fails the user just picks up the spare and it will have all the same contacts/calendar/email as the others - phone log is not important - we can swap SIM's if necessary as both phones would be from the same ISP.  My thought was that the hot spare could be constantly locally directly connected to Outlook and somehow the magic could be done with that.  However I am not stuck on that solution - I am open to any other ideas on how to accomplish this. If this is not the correct forum please point me to the correct one. Thanks in advance for any attention to this.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: mirroring Blackberries

Hi arlesterc,

Unfortunately there's no way to automatically mirror 2 BlackBerry smartphones, however, I may have a couple of options for you.

1. You can use the BlackBerry Desktop Software to make frequent backups of the primary device.  This would allow you to restore the backup to the "backup" device if necessary.

2. Use the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) to manage the devices in your network.  The BES makes automatic wireless backups of the activated device.  If that device "fails" or "dies", you can activate the backup device on the same email account to restore the backed up data.

I hope this helps.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: mirroring Blackberries

Thanks for the quick response. I will try those options and get back if they don't work.