02-15-2012 08:59 PM
i have just upgraded to the new desktop manager and synchronizations fails all the time. what is the problem and can someone help please? i tried with 2 different laptops and 2 different blackberry but the problem is the same. the new sw has been released only yesterday.
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-17-2012 07:44 AM
Thanks Blackberry - you dont even have the courtesy to leave the previous working version on the software on the site. Here is a link to v6 http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/BlackBerry-D
v7 is an "epic fail" - how you can release software that immediately stops sync working for so many users and compound the error by not quickly acknowledging the issue.
02-15-2012 09:33 PM
The version dated 2-14-2012 of desktop manager is the culprit. The previous version worked like a charm. Where can I find it? I have been looking but I don't know the date or exact model number.
02-15-2012 09:42 PM
02-15-2012 09:44 PM
When in doubt log on to FaceBook and "like" blackberry" and then write the support problem on the wall. I suspect they respond a lot faster to social media posts than here
02-15-2012 09:45 PM
I feel your pain. The only choices I have are Windows Contacts, Calendar, etc. I am deeply outraged by what BB has done to us. This needs to be fixed. NOW.
02-15-2012 09:51 PM
I Found a solution
After the Uddate caused the final step to hang during the Organiser Sync "Preparing sync preview" , I Removed Desktop manager using add/remove programs & rebooted my PC
Then I downloaded the install file from Blackberry's web site, then I configured the sync to replace data on the handheld = "One Way to your device only"(outlook is my primary source for Contacts, Calendar, Tasks & memos & that data is complete)
1 way sync worked well.
Then I changed the data sync settings back to Two way between your device and your computer.
It has worked very well ever since
02-15-2012 10:20 PM
Unfortunately that solution doesn't work either. I un-installed Version 7 etc. and rebooted. I tried to find Version 6 but all I could find was version 7 so I reinstalled it.. I then put some test events on my BB calendar and attempted to sync it with Outlook. The events did not sync. DTM still hangs and so is my Berry...