Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
donatam
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
Accepted Solution

new desktop manager sw and failed synchronization

i have just upgraded to the new desktop manager and synchronizations fails all the time. what is the problem and can someone help please? i tried with 2 different laptops and 2 different blackberry but the problem is the same. the new sw has been released only yesterday.

Contributor
ssb752
My Device: Bold 9930

Re: new desktop manager sw and failed synchronization

Yes me too.  Outlook 2010 sync perfectly before on two Windows 7 machines.  Verizon 9930.  Hey Blackberry, we want our sync back.

Regular Contributor
wilwoods
My Device: Q10

I am havving the same issue.. sync fails and DTM version 7 hangs.. Is the solution un-install version 7 and try to find version 6..

Contributor
ssb752

The version dated 2-14-2012 of desktop manager is the culprit.  The previous version worked like a charm.  Where can I find it?  I have been looking but I don't know the date or exact model number.

New Contributor
Lygama
My Device: Torch 9800

I couldnt even install it properly. It seemed to crash and now it won't load. I cannot even un-install it, as for some reason it won't un-install!! I am totally stuck.
Regular Contributor
wilwoods

When in doubt log on to FaceBook and "like" blackberry" and then write the support problem on the wall. I suspect they respond a lot faster to social media posts than here

Contributor
ssb752

I feel your pain.  The only choices I have are Windows Contacts, Calendar, etc.  I am deeply outraged by what BB has done to us.  This needs to be fixed. NOW.

New Contributor
Hoyts_International
My Device: Torch 9800

I Found a solution

After the Uddate caused the final step to hang during the Organiser Sync "Preparing sync preview" , I Removed Desktop manager using add/remove programs & rebooted my PC

Then I downloaded the install file from Blackberry's web site, then I configured the sync to replace data on the handheld = "One Way to your device only"(outlook is my primary source for Contacts, Calendar, Tasks & memos & that data is complete)

1 way sync worked well.

Then I changed the data sync settings back to Two way between your device and your computer.

It has worked very well ever since

Contributor
ssb752

Giving the uninstall/download/reinstall a try.  Out here in the sticks we barely have internet service so hopefully I will know by midnight! :smileywink:

Regular Contributor
wilwoods

Unfortunately that solution doesn't work either. I un-installed Version 7 etc. and rebooted. I tried to find Version 6 but all I could find was version 7 so  I reinstalled it.. I then put some test events on my BB calendar and attempted to sync it with Outlook. The events did not sync. DTM still hangs and so is my Berry...