Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
marias223
My Device: bold 9700

Hi I'm new and I have a problem.  I have a BB Bold 9700 with version 6 OS and a Compaq laptop.  I also have t-Mobile as my service provider.  I downloaded the desktop manager and my laptop does not recognize my BB.  Its saying I am not connected.  I made sure the usb cable is not faulty  also when I conect the BB to the laptop my BB goes to the clock and  says I cannot charge my device properly and to download USB device drivers.  help!!

Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Re: new member

Hi and welcome to the forums masias223! :smileyhappy:

A couple of places for you to visit: Blackberry 101    Tips & Tricks

Several things are going on here.  First of all, you will want to disconnect your device from your laptop.  Next, go to this site:  BB USB & Modem drivers  select and download the drivers to your pc and then double click on the .msi file once it is finished downloading.  This should install the drivers to your pc which should then recognize your device when you connect it to the Desktop Software again.

I believe the clock comes up on your device when you connect to your pc because you have it set to do that in clock-options-when charging (this is probably set to "Display Clock".  Change that to "Do Nothing" or leave it as it is if you want to leave it that way.

Let us know how it goes and it is great  to have you here! :smileyvery-happy:

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.