Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
s0ldats
My Device: Not Specified

new pocketmac 4.1 and problems syncing contact pics and no full powerPC support.

[ Edited ]

i just got the new pocketmac 4.1 in hopes that it would support syncing of 'contact images'.  I have set up my apple address book to show an image for each of my contacts and was hoping it would be able to sync over.  (doing this manually would take way too long).

to my surprise there was finally a checkbox option to enable syncing of contact images.

to my dismay, even though '2 way sync' is checked, contact images are only synced 1 way.  blackberry --> address book.

is there any way to get it to sync bb <---> address book or address book ---> bb? 

edit: it also seems as though this newer version doesn't FULLY support the older PowerPC architecture as "datapurgeUI" isn't a UB.  it won't run at all on my powerbook g4.  this leaves me with no way to clear my blackberry's calendar (which is full of dupes) 

Message Edited by s0ldats on 08-18-2008 12:28 AM
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Biff
My Device: Not Specified

Re: new pocketmac 4.1 and problems syncing contact pics and no full powerPC support.

I'm surprised at what you mentioned about only syncing contact images from BB to AddressBook. Frankly I only thought it worked the other way as that's what mine has done.

Could your BB be set to overwrite the Mac so it's only pulling the contact images in one direction? 

I just got this link from PocketMac for the previous version of DataPurgeUI http://www.yousendit.com/download/bVlEV0o5OW5samRMWEE9PQ 

so help yourself. It's appalling that they don't mention this anywhere in their documentation. It's also strange that this is only available off of some file sharing site and not from Pocketmac or RIM directly.

Please use plain text.