Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
Chipper144
My Device: 9900

no outlook profile detected

Hi all,

Am running desktop 7.1 (march 2013), Bold 9900 (software up to date), outlook is on office365. When I go to synch up calendar, notes etc, the desktop is telling me that it cannot find a profile. Have also been getting a message from desktop that I should set outlook as default email, calendar, etc which it is already according to Windows 8 set up.

Apologies if this is more of a microsoft type issue than bb but I have to start somewhere and I thought best with the bb because this is where I am seeing the problem. Outlook is working fine on its own.

Seems like it is not fool proof!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chipper
Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: no outlook profile detected

Hello Chipper144,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Thank you for your question regarding synchronizing your BlackBerry Bold smartphone with Microsoft Outlook using the BlackBerry Desktop Software. 

The BlackBerry Desktop Software requires that you have a standard Microsoft Outlook configuration with a local MAPI profile configured.  Once this is configured you should be able to perform a wired synchronization using the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

For more information regarding this process you may want to contact Microsoft support.

Thank you. 

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tony9780
My Device: BOLD 9780

Not so sure Office 365 is actually installed "on your computer" in the traditional way. Office 2013 is more comparable to past versions such as office 2010 and Office 2007.

This may be the reason no profile is being detected by your BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Chipper144
My Device: 9900

Hi both,

Tony - fair point but office 365 gives you the ability to download up to 5 local copies of the latest office software to your device so I have a locally downloaded version of Outlook 2013.

FB - as far as I know it is standard account set up.....the address book says it is a MAPI so I guess that means it is a MAPI account.

Tim

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MEMcB
My Device: Not Specified

I just loaded the latest version of Microsoft Office 2013 and now my 9810 will not sync with Outlook using BB desktop's latest version.  after many attempts on the web to figure out why, I finaly came across a list of compatible Organizer software programs and Office (Outlook) 2013 is NOT one of them.  It is NOT compatible.  WHY NOT??? BB just keeps shooting themselves in the foot.  I am on my way to AT&T store to buy a new Galaxy IV-S.  Been looking for an excuse to ween myself from the mechanical keyboard and the BB dinasoar technology.  If anyone know of a quick fix to be able to sync with Outlook 2013 Calendar, To Do's, Memos, maybe I will reconsider, but I think I am just :smileymad:putting off the inevitable after being a loyal BB (multiple business phone) user for over 10 years.:smileymad:

Please use plain text.