Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: Tourch 9850
My Carrier: Verizin

outlook syncronization

Last evening I synced my phone again and when I went back to the outlook calancer all of the data prior to 12-05-12 has been erased.  How can I reverse the sync process to get back the outlook calander data?  The contacts, memos etc were not changed just the outlook calander items.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: outlook syncronization

do you have a backup of your device?

are you syncing your calendar OTA

I am sorry for my lack of computer skills.  I believe the blackberry desktop program makes a back up of the phone when I plug it in however I am not sure how to check for or access this.  I did not make a back up of the computer hard drive last night prior to the bb sync.

Can you explain what OTA means.  Again my apologies.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

I am having the same problem.  I use Outlook to input my calendar items.  From there I sync to my BB 9930 using the USB connection.  However, lately, when I sync, it deletes items prior today from my device, though they are still on my Outlook calendar. 

My calendar settings are two-way between device and computer;  upcoming calendar items only.  Yet, the sync goes backwards and deletes from the device.  All that should occur is to have the alarms changed to false on the device or comptuer, depending upon which I canceled the alarm after the event. 

Rather than only being able to recover the deleted items, I'd like to know how to prevent these deletions from occurring and have the sync function correctly.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

OTA means over the air as in wireless.

Highlighted

Thank you. I have always used a hard wiring for all syncs. 

Thanks,