Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

pocketmac crashes -- no resolution

packetmac sync  is crashing when I attempt to sync  BB 8300 calendar -ical, contacts - address book, etc.  I have uninstalled, installed, removed files individually, clean synced, attempted to purge -- my OS won't allow, etc.  I am totally frustrated and  ready to go get an IPhone..

New Contributor

Re: pocketmac crashes -- no resolution

Had to reset the Blackberry. Thanks to BB support I can now sync:robothappy:
New Contributor

What kind of reset did they have you perform?  Pull the Battery out (hard reset) or "Wipe Handheld" from the general settings menu (Master Reset)?
New Contributor

I have done all of the above, several times, and PocketMac still crashes midway through syncing my contacts.  I have manually deleted files, uninstalled and reinstalled PocketMac and the driver update, rebooted, taken the battery out of and wiped my Blackberry, and tried all number of setting variation, to no avail.  I've contacted PocketMac support and the response has been to install the driver update.  

I have a 17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core Duo running 10.5.6, and a Curve 8320.  When I had a Powerbook 15" Power PC I ran PocketMac and it ran pretty well but still had some glitches.  

I'm about to give up and get an iPhone, which is a pity b/c I like my Blackberry otherwise but this is driving me crazy. 

Any other suggestions?

New Contributor

i need help with the same issue!