Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Opeechee
My Device: Not Specified

Re: pocketmac sync manager problems

Can someone please explain to me how on earth to get my contacts in address book to my new Blackberry pearl?

I have downloaded the new PocketMacForBlackBerry4.1.25.dmg file, installed it. I then open up the program and just select that I want my blackberry to sync the contact from address book.

It goes through, the green bar completes and it says sync succesfull. But when I look in my contact book on my pearl there are no new contacts in it?

What do I have to do?>

Are there usb drivers or somthing, I am so frustrated, pelase help me.

Thanks! 

Contributor
Apostata
My Device: Torch 9800

[ Edited ]
Opeechee: there is a USB driver which must be installed after you install the PocketMac update (DriverUpdate.3.1.1.dmg). Hopefully it will work for you.
Message Edited by Apostata on 12-10-2008 08:59 AM
Contributor
califjewls
My Device: Storm 9530 OS .75 Verizon

[ Edited ]

I followed Mundo's instructions step by step and it still won't sync my contacts, so now I am left with no contacts on my BB Storm??? I really want this program to work together with my Storm and MacBook Pro but its looking more and more like I will go back to Missing Sync..

Does anyone have any other suggestions? 

Message Edited by califjewls on 12-16-2008 12:12 AM
cmb
Contributor
cmb

Hi there,

Just picked up the Storm and so far so good except for a few little things:

1. The browser seems to have problems opening certain web sites, such as mobile me (a pain since I like to have all my info' consolidated through ME). I'll have to look into this as I'm not sure if one can install a newer version of firfox on the device.

2. The screen is different in terms of the touch functionality. Its really neat, but will take a little getting used to

3. I can't seem to sync photos from the mac using pocket mac. Everything else syncs perfectly :-)

All round, this is a nice offering from Blackberry and I think they have a winner here... way nicer than the iphone.

Hope this helps,

Marc 

Contributor
mundo

If you were able to sync music, the photos should sync as well it seems to use the function to do both. On my bberry, as long as I enable it to be used as an external storage device it syncs music and photos. However, whenever I did this, I had problems syncing my contacts, calendars and tasks. So I don't sync photos and music anymore, I use my iPod for that.  As an aside, syncing my iPod (music, photos, contacts, and calendars) is a slam dunk. 
cmb
Contributor
cmb

Thanks, Mundo. Indeed, the ipod works like a charm. I tried the bluetooth transfer this morning and it worked well.
NotaClue

Thank you very much Mundo.  It got to the point where my MacBook would not even see my that BB was plugged in.  This is working but now it will not sync my Ical calendar.  This is the message I receive after unsuccessful sync attempts.

Any thoughts would be most welcome. 

[11:10:29.136] An unexpected error has occurred: [NOTE: this exception originated in the server.]

[ISDDataManager allClients]: you haven't loaded the admin database!

An unexpected error has occurred: [NOTE: this exception originated in the server.]

[11:11:17.521] An unexpected error has occurred: [NOTE: this exception originated in the server.]

An unexpected error has occurred: [NOTE: this exception originated in the server.]

NotaClue

And now my two email accounts will not get mail.  I purged the messages as suggested and the settings appear to be correct but it is not receiving mail.

I am about to run this thing over with my car........  FRAKKING piece of.... 

Contributor
mundo

Not getting email should not be related to the sync issues. Most likely you need to download the "service books" and your mail should start up again.
Contributor
mundo

The only thing I can recommend to you is to start over, making sure that you follow the instructions I previously posted. You need to make sure that you execute the delete utilities as noted in the instructions.