Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: Not Specified

Re: pocketmac sync manager problems

I ran the programs like you said and now I see the blackberry drive container.  I did a drag and drop of mp3 files and I now have music.  I did the same thing with my pictures from iphoto and they are also there.  If I try a sync it fails.  Gary
New Contributor

After spending countless hours of uninstalling and re-installing and purging and adding, deleting, cleaning etc etc, following everyone else's instructions, the bottom line is that if you use a MAC with a BB it is with inferior software that only "kind of" works.  Do not attempt to sync music and photos and expect to sync contacts, calendar and tasks. . . . It will not work.

Use your Apple Ipod for the music and photos or better yet, get an Iphone, it is the only thing that works with the MAC.  This BB storm is a feeble attempt to trick MAC users into purchasing a phone that really is not compatible.  Personally, I am over it and am returning mine, it can be re-sold to a PC user. 

Contributor

H2ovideo, this is precisely what I suggested a number of posts ago. Forget about trying to use the BB as a multi-media device with your MAC.  It is evident, by the poor quality of PocketMac, that RIM has decided to concede MAC users to Apple as PocketMac is a very feeble attempt at providing a solution.  

NOTE TO ALL BB OWNERS USE IT only to store contacts, tasks, calender and notes. STOP WASTING TIME TRYING TO USE AS A MULTIMEDIA DEVICE WITH YOUR MAC -- IT DOESN'T WORK. POCKETMAC IS POOR PISS SOFTWARE. IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS DESIGNED LIKE THE KIDS GAME THAT YOU SMASH A POPUP WITH A HAMMER -- EVERY-TIME YOU POP (FIX) A PROBLEM IT CREATES ANOTHER ONE.

Highlighted
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am a new BB user; test-driving for 30 days on Verizon Wireless. 

Here's my point: I wanted the curve to work for me, before switching to AT&T for the iPhone.  But RIM simply does NOT have the software friendliness for Macintosh users.

I prefer the CDMA service on Verizon, and I highly respect RIM for delivering exceptional products.  If/when they are ready to get serious about Mac users, I will return.

Message Edited by chadleycb on 03-16-2009 01:57 PM

I have a Storm and a MacBook Pro running 10.5.6 with 4G RAM. I have tried Pocketmac on OS 10.5.6 and have tried Blackberry Desktop software for Windows via Fusion running XP. Neither work well and finally, neither work at all. I am extremely frustrated as I chose to renew with Verizon instead of switching to AT&T's iPhone. Bberry's people from the Pocketmac team do get back to me via email, but they can't really provide the assistance that I apparently need, or the product simply does not rise to the hyperbole of the literature on the Web site.  Shame on Blackberry for completely misleading Mac users. This must be false advertising....
New Contributor

IT DOES NOT WORK WITH A MAC.

After hours and hours of downloading, and removing, and cleaning and trying everything that everyone posted, I finally went to the Verizon Store with my Storm. . . . . NONE OF THE PROGRAMS WORK PROPERLY WITH A MAC.

THEY suggested that I take my media card OUT of the phone and download any media files that I want and then just use the pocket mac sync. . .

I turned the Storm back in and just got my phone back.  When my contract runs out, I will switch to the Iphone which is the only thing, right now that works with the mac properly.  GIVE UP TRYING TO MAKE THE BLACKBERRY WORK WITH A MAC properly. . . it will not 

Contributor

I am using a Curve 8900 with a MacBook Pro.  In using PocketMac with the latest driver (v4.1) & doing a two-way sync, I have multiple copies of contacts on my handheld.  Also, contacts don't update when information is changed on the computer.  My calendar appointments get mix-matched during sync-ing as well.  For example, the subject line may read "contact _____ @ xxx-xxx-xxxx", but the information in the "notes" area will be from another appointment.  This is really frustrating.  

After PocketMac gets stuck (every time I use it), the following error messages are given:

[01:01:09.316] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/AddressBook/backup.SyncManagerRestoreAction (error 100); skipping.
[01:01:12.027] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/AddressBook/backup.xml (error100); skipping.
[01:01:12.844] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/AddressBook/backup.SyncManagerRestoreAction (error 100); skipping.
[01:01:15.555] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/AddressBook/backup.xml (error100); skipping.
[01:01:16.522] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageAppointments/backup.SyncManagerRestoreAction (error 100); skipping.
[01:01:25.608] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageAppointments/backup.xml (error 100); skipping.
[01:01:26.397] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageAppointments/backup.SyncManagerRestoreAction (error 100); skipping.
[01:01:35.587] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageAppointments/backup.xml (error 100); skipping.
[01:01:36.423] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageContacts/backup.SyncManagerRestoreAction (error 100); skipping.
[01:01:46.163] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageContacts/backup.xml (error100); skipping.
[01:01:47.025] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageContacts/backup.SyncManagerRestoreAction (error 100); skipping.
[01:01:56.757] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageContacts/backup.xml (error100); skipping.
[01:01:57.623] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageNotes/backup.SyncManagerRestoreAction (error 100); skipping.

[01:01:57.680] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageNotes/backup.xml (error100); skipping. 

Etc., etc., etc.

Today, I received a notice of software update for my BlackBerry from my carrier, T-Mobile. Only the software updates are for PC users. I cannot update my software for my BB because I am a Mac user...awesome...

Input, thoughts, & solutions are much appreciated! 

Contributor

I gave up on PocketMac, the software is truly poor. I finally purchased Missing Sync. But, it comes with its own set of problems, quite frankly I've been surprised with the number of issues it has.  But it generally works for the following basics: contacts and calendering.  Notes, task, music and photos are not so straight forward, lots of tweaking required and even then you see a lot problems in the update logs.  One benefit of Missing Sync is that they have a website where you search for potential solutions to your problems (I wish they improve the product and not have so many problems, but that would be asking too much -- software that generally works flawlessly).