Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

problem syncing contacts on Torch

Hi,

I am a new Blackberry user just having purchased a Torch. I am running OS X Snow Leopard.

With my Torch fresh out of the box I attempted to synchronize my contacts using the Desktop Manager and received an error directing me to check out KB19454. This article does not seem to be updated with respect to the new OS6 as far as I can tell.

Has anyone else received this error and have a solution for getting Contacts from OS X synched?

Thanks

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: ATT

Re: problem syncing contacts on Torch

Same problem here, Im getting crazy with this, I can't sync my contacts I get error KB19454, I have tried everything, wipe, change default, backup, with out backup, clear device, IS NOT WORKING, need help I think I should go and to ATT and return this phone, I was doing great with my Bold or maybe I should go Iphone!

New Contributor

I refuse to think wiping the device is the solution since I haven't done a thing with it yet except attempt to sync.

What exactly was the QA process?

I'm concerned that KB 19454 may not be applicable since it was not written with consideration of the new OS. Deleting items in the Advanced Options appears to no longer exist as the KB article suggests.

We may have to wait it out for a software update.

Highlighted
My Carrier: ATT

Same problem here.

I suspect that the "AT&T Address Book" is not the 'regular' contact manager for BB, or something.

I've been over so many solutions from the KB, and nothing works.

I'm about to return the device to the store.  Ugh.

New Contributor

This is now a known issue:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB23925&sliceID=1&command=show&forward=nonthr...

Its unfortunate this did not get caught within QA. Seems an obvious defect.

New Contributor

I haven't received this error b/c i'm not running that OS. 

However, what i've done to synch my contacts from my old phone was back up my address book from my old phone.  Then I connected the torch and went into device in the desktop manager menu and used the restore function.  I selected that i wanted to restore my contacts, memos, etc and it pushed them to my torch. 

I was running with the curve 8310 beforehand and a Vista PC.

Maybe this helps, maybe it doesn't, but it's worth a shot.

New Contributor

Hi - thanks for the tip but this is my first BB device.

I'm thinking about trying the Google sync application for now.

New Contributor

Good luck! looks like it might be the way to go.

My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

I do not have a solution, but I just want to say that I am in the same boat. 

This is my first BlackBerry and so far my first impressions are not good. 

I hope RIM fixes this soon.

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

[ Edited ]

I noticed this problem as soon as I got my Torch Friday morning.  If you're dying to sync your contacts into Address Book/Entourage/etc. then here is my roundabout solution until RIM can fix the glitch and relieve our collective stress:

Getting your contacts on your Torch the first time:  Even though you can't sync the address book with your Torch, you can still perform the backup and restore functions on the desktop software.  Thus, if you have a full set of contacts on your, for example Bold, just back them up using the "Backup" function (as you can see, you don't have to backup the entire device, you can pick and choose what you'd like to backup).  You can then easily restore these contacts to your new Torch. I did this and also restored my pictures, BBM contacts/settings, etc. and it all worked beautifully.

Syncing in new contacts that aren't on your computer: So what if you just put in 50 new contacts into your Torch and you desperately need them to be in your computer Address Book?  Use the backup function, as before, to save your Torch contacts to the computer in a backup file.  Then--and here's the roundabout part--restore these contacts to your OLD BLACKBERRY (the one that still easily communicated with Address Book/Entourage/etc.) and proceed to do a typical sync from there.  They'll appear in your Address Book as normal.  This isn't as time consuming as it sounds.. maybe two minutes from start to finish.  As I said, it's just kind of roundabout.  Of course, if you don't have your old Blackberry, this isn't going to work, and you're stuck waiting on the folks at RIM to get us a software update.

Hope this is somewhat helpful.