Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

norway
My Device: torch 9800

Re: problem syncing contacts on Torch

Was on phone with at&t (three transfers) last night.  On phone with at&t today for 40 minutes, they transferred me to RIM.  Now onto 2nd RIM person for 118 minutes as I type.  No resolution.  Several clearing data.  Now wiping.  Anyone find anything yet?!?!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Java4Life
My Device: 9800

The software is simply broken. There should be no reason to wipe since I got the error on a brand new device. Shame on RIM for not testing thoroughly.

Please use plain text.
flarcada
My Device: BB Torch

Same problem here!  I can synch the calendar but not the contacts on my Mac.  Any news from RIM?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
elowenthal
My Device: Torch

Good news, solution is here, just update your BB Messenger with the newer versions to just went out and we are ready to go, tried doing this a while ago and everything is working great! FINALLY!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Java4Life

Where are you getting the download from? The link from the original Crackberry post leads to a page state the file has been removed.

How long does it typically take for RIM to provide the official release?

Please use plain text.
wakeupdecide
My Device: Torch 9800

Just updated BBM and now syncing contacts with Mac works. Not sure why but it does.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Java4Life

What version are you now running? 1.0.4 (Build 10) ?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tjeng58
My Device: Torch 9800

Running:

MAC OS X 10.6.4

Address Book 5.0.2 (870)

BB Desktop Manager 1.0.4 (Build 10)

BB 6 OS on the Torch 9800

Greetings,

I was trying to import my calendar, contacts, notes, tasks, etc. from my old Treo 680 to my new BB Torch via a Mac. I used "The Missing Synch" software to convert this data onto a Mac and then tried to use the BB Desktop Manager (ver 1.0.4 [Build 10]) to get the data onto my Torch. Once I got my iCalendar cleaned up (It took several tries to get my calendar to appear correctly because I had some duplicate events on the Treo and my iCalendar), I was easily able to get this info over to the Torch. However, I got the following error message with the Address Book:

The Address Book database cannot be accessed for synchronization.

For help resolving this issue, refer to KB19454 in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager Knowledge Base.

Well, if you go to that reference, you get answers that appear to work for other phones, but not for BB 6 OS. It wasn't until I did a search in the BB Technical Solution Center on the exact error message (The Address Book database . . .) that I found the solution. A reference to KB23925 reveals that you need to update BB messenger on your Torch and then synch. That worked fine, although I'm disappointed to see that my groups didn't export at all.

I wish I had seen Java4Life's post on an earlier search. I hope this post saves someone the hour or so that it took me to figure this out.

TJ.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Java4Life

I think that the other KB article has now been updated. Sync'ing contacts now works for me on OS X 10.5.6.

Steps I took:

1. Updating BB Messenger as described in the KB article.
  2. Disabled syncing of contacts and calendar via wireless.
  3. Plugged in device and sync'd with the desktop manager and this worked successfully.

I have not tried turning back on wireless. Can anyone confirm that the wireless sync works after getting the desktop manager to sync manually?

Please use plain text.
robbifire
My Device: Torch

Torch won't sync contacts. Terminal advise?

My Torch is not syncing with Mac's address book contacts.

Any ideas?

I've tried everything..Closest solution was someone who said 'paste single line info into Terminal."

It worked. Who are you? Can you run the solution again please as I deleted your advise like a foo'.

Thanks, R

Please use plain text.