Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

"No available Message stores" Error (Outlook Sync Problems)

Does anyone know how to correct this error that I am getting?

Attempting to sync Blackberry pearl 8100 with outlook 2007. When I attempt to configure the Sync for Outlook I get all the way to the end and it give me the Microsoft Outlook Connector Error that reads "No available Message Stores"

Running BB Desktop manager version 4.3.0.17 and wireless handheld version v4.2.1.96
New Contributor

Re: "No available Message stores" Error (Outlook Sync Problems)

Hey, try looking at the following link on the BlackBerry Technical Solutions Center:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03602&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=130914751&stateId=1%200%20130918587

You may need to paste or just search for Internal Error 4238 to find the article link.  Follow the steps in the article and you should be back up and running soon, or failing that, contact your service provider and have them transfer you to a support dude at RIM for tech support on this.  Your Intellisync folder may be corrupted or your MAPI profile is, and the fixes are detailed in follow up articles contained in the article.  Have a good one.

Highlighted

I am having the same problem using desktop manager version 4.3.0.17 and Outlook 2003.  When I choose synchronize and then try to configure the calendar and address book and choose outlook from the few options listed, I get the Microsoft Outlook Connector Error "no available message stores" message.  It will not allow me to 'browse' to direct it to the correct file location.  If I choose Outlook Express for my address book (even though I use Outlook), it syncs some of the info but not all of it and does not give me an error message. 

I have downloaded the latest Desktop Manager software.  I have tried renaming the mapi32.dll file.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled DM software, but still the situation continues.

I came across this report at the Blackberry.com site that indicated the following:

Cause:  Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007 have an add-in feature called Microsoft Office Outlook Connector. This allows you to configure a mail profile with a web-based Microsoft Passport account, such as MSN® Hotmail®.Microsoft Outlook 2007 has a feature called Outlook Mobile Service that allows you to configure a Mail profile that creates and sends Short Message Service (SMS) text messages and Multimedia Messaging Services (MMS) multimedia messages to a mobile device from Microsoft Outlook.

My problem continues - and I do not use "Outlook Connector", I just use Outlook.  So I am confused as to why I am having this problem and how to fix it.  I have owned my BB Curve less than a month and it has never synched properly or completely & has always given me an error message.  Can anyone help me with this?  Thanks in advance!

[ Edited ]

Hi everybody,
EUREKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA……………
I found the way to stop sync problem with Outlook 2007 and Blackberry devices. First of all your Blackberry Desktop Manager Software must be 4.2 or higher. The key point is installation of Office 2007. While in the beginning of installation you have to choose customise menu in order to set installation options by yourself. In the installation options you have to disable Add-In section under the Outlook tab. If you don't install Outlook Add-In section at the installation of Office 2007, you system will sync between your blackberry and your device. Also you don't need to mess up things like mail exchanger folder creation or renaming. The real problem is Microsoft Outlook Connector Software Error. The file is omsmain.dll. The Add-In section sets up this Connector Software. If you had already installed Office 2007 I recommend uninstall and install fresh one with customised options. Deleting or Disabling Connector Add-In feature (omsmain.dll) after the installation will not work. 
Also don’t forget to cleanup intellisync folder after the installation. 
You may have already messed up everythingSmiley Happy
Cheers for everybody who suffer from Outlook 2007 and Blackberry Device Manager.

Message Edited by Alligator on 07-17-2008 06:09 AM

Message Edited by Alligator on 07-18-2008 02:01 AM

Hi,

I experince the same issue as discibed since some weeks. I updated by 8800 to device software v4.5.0.69 and I'm using Desktop software 4.6.0.12. I also tried out version 4.3 of the Desktop software.

I have tried all the comments above (re-installing office without the add-ins, re-installed Desktop software), but nothing worked.

Is there anyone who has some more ideas?

Thank you!

Contributor
My Device: 8310 Curve

Outlook Sync Problems__ In an effort to resolve error 0x3b21

In an effort to resolve error 0x3b21
Doc ID : KB02362 
Microsoft Outlook is not configured to the Corporate or Workgroup installation option.

* Select the Mail Services tab.<<<<<<<<<<
                there is NO mail services tab

Here's a video the flawed KB

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Outlook Sync Problems__ In an effort to resolve error 0x3b21

Hi Daniels,

Very nice post!

What version of Outlook are you using?

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

Re: Outlook Sync Problems__ In an effort to resolve error 0x3b21 Outlook 2003

Sorry, should have been more specific.

For the record, I have not been able to synch with outlook for more than 3 weeks now. 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Here is a document from Sue Mosher MVP-Outlook describing that the Corporate workgroup

was only relevant to the Outlook 98 and 2000 versions. The Blackberry KB articles are written to

in broad terms for all versions in a lot of cases. It throws me as well from time to time.

I hope this helps. For backup info you might try the Microsoft knowledgebase.

Thanks,

Bifocals

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/aspnet_answers/outlookinstallation/Aug2006/post27689258.asp
Message Edited by Bifocals on 01-07-2009 06:48 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

What I need is a fix for the error 0x3b21.

system: 

DM 4.7

Blackberry Curve

XP Pro SP3 

Outlook 2003 

I have been wrestling with this problem for over three weeks now. My BB is becoming more of phone sans smart.

Will someone please provide me links to current documents regarding fixing the sync problems with 2003?

thank you,

Dennis