Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Developer
Philipk
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook

"The BlackBerry® Desktop Software cannot connect with this device." after repair

[ Edited ]

I download the Desktop Software for BlackBerry onto my Mac Book Pro for the first time. 

After installing I connected my PlayBook. I get the message "The BlackBerry® Desktop Software cannot connect with this device."

The program suggested I repair the device software, so I did. After that I set it up and ran the updates.

When I plug it back in I get the exact same message.

What should I do next?

Philipk

Re: "The BlackBerry® Desktop Software cannot connect with this device." after repair

[ Edited ]
At work, on a PC it worked right away when connecting so I think the problem is with the OSX Desktop Software.
Philipk

Re: "The BlackBerry® Desktop Software cannot connect with this device." after repair

Two more unsolved cases which seem to be related to the same issue?

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Product-Management-The/Mountain-Lion-integration-testing/m-p/...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-Mac/OSX-LION-BlackBerry-Desktop-Software...

Is Desktop Software working for anyone on OSX Lion, if anyone is using Lion with BlackBerry please confirm that it can work.

BB_Dhaval
My Device: Black Berry Torch 9800

Same problem here..

Black Berry Please come up with a solution.

Want to sync BB Torch 9800 with Office for Mac 2011 on a Mac OSX 10.7.4

Some one help please..

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
rockhammer
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook

[ Edited ]

I also cannot connect to my two playbooks using desktop manager on mac.

One of the two playbooks is now shipped back to rim for repair (see here http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/5MP-Playbook-Camera-Blackscreen-Errors-Ha... The issue of desktop manager not being able to connect to the playbook started with this playbook when the repair I was prompted to to stopped 1/4 way into it. Multiple retries did not make any difference. 

Since then, I have tried connecting my other (functioning) playbook to the same mac but when I plug in usb cable I get the same "cannot connect" errmsg and prompted to "repair". I am definitely NOT going to "repair" this one. So I uninstalled the desktop manager and reinstalled it to see if it makes a difference. Unfortunately it did not and I get the same "cannot connect" errmsg.

If anyone has any suggestion how this issue can be resolved that would be great. I think something is stuck on the mac and is not getting wiped out when desktop manager is uninstalled. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Philipk

New Black Berry Desktop Software fixed this issue for me, just came out a few hours ago.

https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberry10devalphas/update?os=mac

Uninstall the desktop software and then reinstall with this update!
Philipk

I spoke too soon, I got one step closer by actually being able to see my device... but nothing actually seems to work. I can't get music, photos, or videos to sync.