Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
BBbaby
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

re: feeling helpless

Hi, I just bought a BB Bold and am having great difficulty to transfer infor fom my Palm Tungsten E2.

Main problem is my Palm is fried (while I was in Singapore, wrong power source and transformer did not work), but I have my data on my notebook. Does anyone know how I can sync my calender, contact list to my BB?  Please help, feeling really helpless. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
oneupcanuck

Re: re: feeling helpless

You can use the Desktop Manager's Switch Device Wizard to transfer the data from Palm Desktop Software. Follow these articles below:

Using switch device wizard:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05459&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=84484793&stateId=0%200%2084482729

Refer to this article if options are grayed out:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10722&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=84484793&stateId=0%200%2084482729

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BBbaby

Re: thank you

Thank you for taking time to write.

Am downloading software now, and try it out.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BBbaby

Re: Problem solved

Your advice was v helpful.  I tried to download the program from BB website, but it was really slow despite my high speed internet.  Realize that my BB User Tools CD which came with BB would probably have the Desktop manager switch program, and it did.  I actually loaded the User Tools CD to my notebook yesterday, but I had my BB plugged into the computer and it somehow affected the program.  Today, I retried it without connecting my BB to my computer first, and program ran fine.  BB should tell users not to connect BB to computer when first using the BB User Tools CD.  Problem is solved, thanks again.
Please use plain text.
HurryBerry

I found that but my palm desktop software is not one that is supported.  Where do I find the supported Palm software?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

HurryBerry wrote:
I found that but my palm desktop software is not one that is supported.  Where do I find the supported Palm software?

See this KB for the supported versions of Palm software for the device switch wizard:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04437

Hope that helps!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
HurryBerry

Sorry, the problem was actually locating a place to dowload the supporded versions of Palm software.  Actually, I threw in the towel.  After my Blackberry crashed for the third time in a week, I traded it for an iPhone.  Does not type as easily, but the screen is easier to read.  Got another 12 days to decide if I keep it, but I keep finding new features, so I expect I will.  And, I figured out how to get my palm datebook and contacts on Outlook, so I synced with that and picked up my notes, too, along with my explorer bookmarks.

Please use plain text.