Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
My Device: 9800

recovering photos from backup that included saved on my built-in media storage option

Hello,

I've wiped a blackberry using the security wipe option and chose the emails, contacts, etc option only when wiping. Before doing that I used the desktop manager and did a full backup and chose to include the files saved on my built-in media storage option. 

Afterwards I set the device up (9900) for the user and returned it.  She has noticed some photos were missing, I believe it was images that were saved directly to the device. I thought I could just restore from my backup. In the restore data screen I've found the backup and choose to do a selective restore. I ticked the box for files saved on my built-in media storage. I'm not seeing them listed below, should they be there? With just that option selected I'm also unable to just tick the box and choose restore. 

I'm just wondering if I either  a) didn't backup the built-in media content or b) am going about restoring it the wrong way.

I appreciate any suggestions anyone might have.