Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
tarohtuah
My Device: Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

starting error

Hi,

Can someone help me on this. I have a Bold 9900 and bought it last two months. Just on yesterday, I have installed and uninstalled few apps for my bb. Then, when I tried to use FourSquare app, there an error "Error starting FourSquare: Module net_rim_bb_media_plugin not found" appears.

Not just like that, I can't use my 'option' button where "Error starting net_rim_bb_options_app: Module net_rim_bb_timezonedynupdater not found" appears.

When I googled to solve the issue, I can't find one but then I noiced some missing module can make my media can't be played. Then I checked my media files and yes, I can't play my fav songs! It shows "unable to play content".

So, can someone help me on this? I would like to cry! :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: starting error

Hi there,

It sounds like you might be missing some necessary system files and something might have been accidentally deleted in the process of installing and uninstalling various apps yesterday.

In this case, I would recommend reloading the OS using the method in the link below:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

That should get you back up and running. :smileyhappy:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tarohtuah

hi, thanks. i am now waiting the file to be downloaded. in progress.

btw, can i ask u if u do know the OS Hybrid thing? it is safe to download?
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Which Hybrid thing? Do you mean the BBHybrids Tool?

Generally speaking, using OS hybrids doesn't do anything except create the possibility for trouble. Some people swear by them, but I've used hybrids before and they typically do not improve performance, etc. They may improve performance over the short term, but that is actually just a benefit of reinstalling an OS. And they can just as easily brick your phone (leaving you with a useless phone until you reinstall a regular OS).

If you really want to look into things like this though, I would suggest checking out sites like CrackBerry.com. But I personally would not bother with hybrids if I was you (and even though I know how to make my own and have installed many in the past, I no longer bother as I've discovered they're no longer worth it).

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tarohtuah

yes, i think it is. since i dont know anything about it, so i dont want to bother as per your advice.

hey, i just finish follow your method to fix my bb major problem and it works!

thanks so much! i love u man!: Rockon:

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Awesome! Enjoy!

Please use plain text.
VotreMan
My Device: Storm 2

Hi , Im using the BB Storm 2 and I installed the last version of foursquare app 5.2.3 but get freezes everytime I open the app . I already followed the steps tha foursquare send but still not working since several weeks ago, I already unistall and installed the application again.

In order to fix that problem They ask me to get to "Hidden Event Log Screen" but I cant get there, They said that:

There is an Event Log hidden in the BlackBerry Storm 9550 smartphone. Here’s how to access it:

1. Flip the phone into Landscape Mode.

2. From the Home screen, press and hold the !?123 button to enable numlock.

3. Type ” / ” /

The Event Log will appear

I never can show the keyboard on home screen either follow the steps. Is there any other way that i can acces to that part?? to the " Event Log hidden " as the link shows:

http://www.technipages.com/blackberry-storm-access-hidden-event-log-screen.html

Thnx!

Please use plain text.