Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
jgoodmanjr61
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320

sync blackberry calendar with ical on macbook

I   cannot synchronise my blackberry calendar with the calendar on my macbook pro. I have loaded blackberry desktop version 2.4.0, build 17 and am running the latest vesion of MAC OS (10.8 i believe). The desktop recognises my blackberry when connected. When I try to synchronise calendar I get the message "No writable calendars are available. Please launch iCal and create a writable calendar". However, there is no menu in iCal to create a "writable" calendar, and simply creating a new calendar does no good.

Any help greatly appreciated,   Jack

Forums Advisor III
unleashurself
My Device: 9780

Re: sync blackberry calendar with ical on macbook

Hi,

Create a new calendar in iCal by performing the following steps:

1. Close the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
  2. Open iCal.
  3. Select File > New Calendar.
  4. If given the option of where to create the calendar, select On My Mac.
  5. Name the new calendar.
  6. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

You should now be able to configure tasks or calendar for synchronization

New Contributor
jgoodmanjr61
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320

Thanks for the suggestion, my only problem now is probably an apple one rather than blackberry, but my calendar program only seems to allow me to create a calendar on icloud....

Jack

Contributor
lokey40
My Device: Playbook

I am having the same issue, this is really making me made love the blackberry style but it is getting just to hard to do anything unless your on enterprise.  Might have to switch back even though looking forward to hands on with BB10

New Contributor
MillwoodsGal
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: No Writable calendars message in DM for Mac

I had the same problem - this is what I did. 

1.  Disconnect your BB from your Mac.

2. Close Blackberry Software on your Mac.  

3.  On the top right hand side of your Mac - in the spotlight - search iCloud.

4.  When the iCloud box appears you'll see all of the listed coloured icons inside the right hand box. Uncheck "Calendars and Reminders".  Close the box.

5.  In Spotlight search and then Open iCal - you may not have any calendars in there yet.  make a new calendar and name it whatever you want.  

6.  Open Blackberry software on your Mac by plugging in your phone/blackberry, or search and open it manually.

7.  Now - you should see your new calendar that you just made in the choices of calendars.  

I hope this solves your problem!

New Contributor
MillwoodsGal
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: No Writable calendars message in DM for Mac

I had the same problem - this is what I did. 

1.  Disconnect your BB from your Mac.

2. Close Blackberry Software on your Mac.  

3.  On the top right hand side of your Mac - in the spotlight - search iCloud.

4.  When the iCloud box appears you'll see all of the listed coloured icons inside the right hand box. Uncheck "Calendars and Reminders".  Close the box.

5.  In Spotlight search and then Open iCal - you may not have any calendars in there yet.  make a new calendar and name it whatever you want.  

6.  Open Blackberry software on your Mac by plugging in your phone/blackberry, or search and open it manually.

7.  Now - you should see your new calendar that you just made in the choices of calendars.  

I hope this solves your problem!

mattkeen
My Device: Bold 9900

Yes you do get the choices but it still doesnt actually sync up. Most frustrating.
Developer
PawelGorny
My Device: PP

Apple switched SyncService off and forces people to use iCloud. BlackBerry Desktop Software and OS X Mavericks: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB35311

--
Regards,
Pawel Gorny
my apps: http://pawelgorny.com/
PGpgp, Your Reply, Anagrammatist, Texas Hold'em Odds Calculator, Contacts to CSV
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"