Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

sync to Outlook 2013 not supported

This is frustrating.

Recently had to upgrade to Outlook 2013 with Exchange Server and now can't sync my Bold 9900 with Desktop Software. I managed to get E-mails via an IMAP but these do not link the same as my previous OWA link (no Read status or deleted items and need to add a rule to forward sent messages from device to my Outlook 2013)

I understand that Blackberry does not support Outlook 2013 as yet. It's been a while since Outlook 2013 was released in beta and then RTM and no news at all from Blackberry on the matter.

Has anyone heard whether Blackberry will do something about this soon?

Frankly I'm left to consider switching devices to something that will link - Apple and Android devices seem to work. I've still been hearing about problems with Sync on BB10 devices which may recently have been resolved.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520 RIM
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: sync to Outlook 2013 not supported

Hello Pawlak,

Welcome To BlackBerry Support Forums!

Outlook 2013 Alpha has just came out for Windows 7. BlackBerry Desktop Manager might be reconignizing it as your BlackBerry phone. Try re-installing BB Desktop Manager
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Telus

I have been trying for hours and numerous with reinstals of the desktop but I can't get the BB 7.1 Desktop to recognize my Outlook 2013 profile (Windows 8) so I can configure syncronizing the contacts and the calendar.  It worked on Outlook 2010 and in Wondows 7.  Spent 3 hours on the phone with MS and the profiles are there but they don't show up when I need to select the platform.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hockley7 wrote:

I have been trying for hours and numerous with reinstals of the desktop but I can't get the BB 7.1 Desktop to recognize my Outlook 2013 profile (Windows 8) so I can configure syncronizing the contacts and the calendar.  It worked on Outlook 2010 and in Wondows 7.  Spent 3 hours on the phone with MS and the profiles are there but they don't show up when I need to select the platform.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I am sorry to have to reference you to these materials:

You will notice that Outlook 2013 does not appear in any of that. Which means it is not supported. Which means it cannot be expected to function.

Again, sorry.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Outlook 2013 still not supported?  Any ideas on when it might be?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

No one here can have (or if they do have, reveal) such forward looking information. Given how long it's been, I am starting to wonder if it will ever exist. The great "push" with BB10 was for OTA/Cloud sync rather than direct sync...but the "push back" caused them to add it back, but OL2013 was only added for BB10/Link, not Legacy/Desktop Software.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Bell

I have been able to sync all of my Outlook 2013 data (calendar, tasks, contacts, notes) to my Blackberry Curve using Blackberry Desktop. This was done on a new installation of Windows 7. In this case, Outlook was configured without email support. I didn't do anything differently during the set-up process - I followed all of the same steps as I did when I was using Outlook 2003. Perhaps creating a new Windows user account and/or reinstalling Outlook and Blackberry Desktop and then configuring Outlook without email support would resolve any issues that others are having. Or perhaps recent updates to both pieces of software have resolved these issues.

New Contributor

I don't get the option to sync with Outlook like I did with OS7.  The only option given in the pulldown is Windows.  And that doesn't work for me.