Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9320
My Carrier: tmobile

transferring data from 1gb to 2gb memory card

Hi,

I looking for the simpliest way to transfer information from a 1gb mem. Card to a new 2gb mem. Card, as the 1gb is full and can't store any more information

I will be using the desktop softaware for pc (lastest version)

Thanks
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: transferring data from 1gb to 2gb memory card

Hello,

IMHO...the simplest way would be (for the copy steps) to ignore the BB and the Desktop Software entirely. Insert the 1GB card into a PC card reader slot and copy everything to the computer. Then eject the 1GB card and replace it with a 2GB card, and copy everything from the computer to the 2GB card. Be sure to have formatted the 2GB card in the BB first, though, so that you have the proper folder structure in place for the BB to use.

A secondary approach would be to use Mass Storage Mode to copy everything from the 1GB card while it's inside the BB to the PC. Then, swap the cards in the BB and again use Mass Storage Mode to copy back from the computer to the 2GB card.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9320
My Carrier: tmobile

Thanks for that !
The second option seems best, however can u let me know step by step how to it.

I'm not a computer wiz :smileysad:
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Here are several relevant articles:

• KB11879 What is mass storage mode
  • KB13564 How to enable or disable mass storage mode on the BlackBerry smartphone.
  • KB23450 Copy documents to a BlackBerry smartphone using Mass Storage Mode
  • KB29523 How to manually transfer files between a BlackBerry smartphone and a Windows computer
  • KB23386 How to copy files to BlackBerry smartphone from a computer

None are written for the complete process you are asking about, so you will need to use each that applies, and perhaps modify it a little. For example, if the KB talks only about copying from the computer to the BB, then you simply reverse it so as to use it to copy from the BB to the computer.

Here is another thread that discusses even more (though it's a tad out of date regarding versions, but is still applicable as to the concepts):

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code