Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
Gmvincent
My Device: Not Specified

unable to install v 4.6 desktop software. error:installing sonic update manager

I have tried to instal "Desktop Manager 4.6.0 B15 - With Media Manager" but unable to instal sonic media manager on separate computers. Problem occurred with roxio manager continually trying to install and forming constant 'loop' which I couldnt escape. Operating system was windows xp with SP3. Ran sonic isum_hotfix.exe and then used windows installer clean-up. Presently, have been unable to backup handheld (Bold) and same problem on two separate computers. Any help would be appreciated as I am a computer novice.

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: unable to install v 4.6 desktop software. error:installing sonic update manager

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I would try downloading 4.5 with MM to see if the MM causes a problem with your setup.

Try following the procedure listed here, before installing 4.5.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02206

Please let me know if this helps!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
Gmvincent

Re: unable to install v 4.6 desktop software. error:installing sonic update manager

thanks for your reply. I tried as you suggested but problem same. When I try to backup my Bold, the backup progress stops at the 'keystore manager' section and then 'unknown error' box appears. When I click 'ok', the backup stops.

This is exactly same problem I was having with the 4.6 version. Could it be an issue with the Bold??

gv 

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

First download the latest USB BB drivers from the following link"

Download Software

Perform the clean install of 4.5 without MM from here

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

This will eliminate MM from the problem and give you a fresh 4.5 and new USB drivers.

Please let me know if this helps!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
    Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
    Gmvincent

Tried as you suggested and same problem. Have been unable to backup my handheld. Your link to 4.5 without MM provided an incomplete instal withouht BB icon etc so I went to the site and downloaded the exe file without MM. I also tried to backup in the office where they are running windows 2000 and same problem at same location of backup progress.

any other suggestions??