Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: BOLD9900
Accepted Solution

update of device manager failed

hi,

i use a BOLD 9900. lately, BB DEVICE MGR failed to detect the phone "disconnected" so i installed an update reported by DEVICE MGR.  the update updated v7.1 bundle 2108 to v7.1 bundle 2807. during the sequence of steps shown on screen (BACK UP; INSTALL; REBOOT; RESTORE), the process has stalled at REBOOT , reporting CONNECTING TO DEVICE (this may take  a few minutes). the phone is off and nothing has happened in about 1 hour. what do i do?

New Contributor

Re: update of device manager failed

today, the update software showed "failure to open conneciton to device. password may be required" (or equivalent). RETRY or CANCEL? i previously selected RETRY and the software returned to reboot phase. this morning (after leaving computer overnight), the same "password may be required" window was open and i selected CANCEL. 

I beleive the phone no longer has an operating system. pushing and holding the off/on button does not start the phone. what can i do? I assume that i need to re-install the operating system. any guidance? anyone?

New Contributor

Re: update of device manager failed

i accepted the loss of data and agreed to re-install the operating system on phone. it turned out that the backup files created during the initial upgrade was successfully restored once i had an operating system on the phone again. both phone and Desktop software are same version (v7.1 bundle 2807).