Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

rembrandtverhenne
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Base

where are synchronized items stored?

Hi,

I have a Torch 9800 and wanted to have a list of all contacts details in a csv file. When I connect the device (through cable) to the laptop and use the Organizer in BB Desktop Software, I can synchronize the contact items to the laptop, but I don't find where it has stored the contact information.

In the Curve models, we could specify the location, he we can't. I looked on the C-drive udner "research in motion" folder, but don't find anything.

FYI, there is no synchronisation with a server.

Can someone please tell me where I can find the details?

Thank you & best regards,

rembrandt

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: where are synchronized items stored?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

When you configure the Desktop Software to synchronize, you instruct it to synchronize with whatever PC-based app you are using -- Outlook, or some other compatible app. It is there that the data resides when you synchronize.

Now, if instead you meant that you are taking a backup to your PC, that is completely different from synchronization. The backup file will be of either IPD or BBB file extension (depending on the version of the Desktop Software you are using) and will be stored in whatever folder you instructed the Desktop Software to place it into. However, when you find it, you will discover that it isn't useful...it is of a proprietary format, intended solely for the use as source of restore to a BB...nor for anything else. But, there are 3rd party PC apps that can parse the file for you and present it in some formats that perhaps you can use.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.