Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: blackberry storm 1
My Carrier: verizon

wierd storage problem

I lost my CD for the blackberry so i just downloaded a blackberry for mac app online onto my computer. Then i synced some songs through the mac app that i downloaded. But i wanted to add other songs that couldn't be transfered into my bb through the mac app thing because that was only able to sync songs in itunes and itunes cant sync all the songs i have on my mac because some have different formats. So i went to 'my computers' (or 'finder' for mac), clicked on my bb, and dragged my differently formated songs that couldn't be downloaded into itunes into the bb file. After that i disconnected my bb and i saw that all the songs were there. Actually i don't really remember what happened after that but i ended up wanting to erase all the songs in my bb and start over again so i deleted ALL the songs manually from 'my computers' place. But when i tried to sync music again from the bb for mac app thing, it still said i downloaded the songs that i downloaded before and that that space was full, so now i could only download limited amount of songs. I didn't understand what went on because in the 'my computers' --> blackberry file, everything was erased, but my computer was keep saying that it was full so it can't add anymore songs. Oh and i couldn't add any more songs by dragging it in to the blackberry file on my computers either.. SO how do i download songs to my bb now??!?!?! i need help. I don't want to keep using my old ipod again.. please respond ASAP!! thanks for reading all this (: 

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8830 WE

Re: wierd storage problem

Forget "syncing" the songs....I don't know why folks do that.  So first lets get rid of the songs you don't want...connect your BB to the mac.  The SD (media) card will show up as an icon on the desktop.  Open the icon and locate the music files you waant to delete.  Select them and drag them to the trash.  EMPTY the trash.  Now, on your mac, go to the songs you want, select thm and drag and drop them to the SD card.

4.6.1.305 hybrid
Mac Pro 2X2.8 Quad SL