Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
ChantelErfort
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: 7.1 OS Update Problem

Ok. Thanks. Will let you know how it all works out.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ChantelErfort

What do I do if BBSAK can't detect my device?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ChantelErfort

I couldn't get BBSAK to connect to my phone, but somehow, when I took out my SIM card, I was able to install the new OS. Recovered all my pix and music as well as BBM contacts, but lost my entire contact book... Which I had bacused up a few months ago so luckily not everything was lost completely.

Thanks to those who helped me with this.

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

Glad you're back up amd running. I also recommend installing BB Protect and setting it to make daily backups. Also, its a good idea to make weekly backups with DM.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
farahchaudhry
My Carrier: verizon

I am stuck with a software update at 8% for the past 3 hours... firstly, i took out the battery and re insterted it, thought i would be able to get over the software update freeze and continue using my phone.. it seems like it didnt work. It went straight to the update screen again...

How shall i get my phone ot start working again?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ChantelErfort

What eventually worked for me... After my phone was frozen for 2days, was taking out batter retry and SIM card before reinstalling my operating system from my PC. I lost A LOT of data in the process. The other option would be to take it in to a store for a software upgrade.

the advice gigot was to wait... Which unfortunately didn't work in my case.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
farahchaudhry
My Carrier: verizon

i had to do the same... It was a painful process loosing all the inforamtion :smileysad: ... blackberry really does suck!

Please use plain text.
naliakabevy
My Carrier: Safaricom

Software update problem

my BB also froze during the update. now i cannot seem to use the phone. still frozen. what to do??

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dani_aj
My Carrier: Vivo

[ Edited ]

Is it possible do install this restart program in a MacBook Pro? I have exactly the same issues!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

dani_aj wrote:

Is it possible do install this restart program in a MacBook Pro? I have exactly the same issues!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

"restart program"??? I'm not sure exactly which, of the various posts in this thread, you are referring to (BBSAK perhaps?). But in general none (including BBSAK) of the extra "tricks" or toolsets work on a Mac...only the native BB Desktop Software works there, and you are limited to only your carriers supported OS packages. All of the other tools and tricks to get around that and do deeper diagnostics and repairs are limited to the PC platform.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.