Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
Jimmy1809
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Orange

7.1 Update Has Killed My 9380 :(

Hi, my new 9380 arrived today and after initially setting it up, I plugged it in  to the PC and the Desktop Manager asked me to upgrade to version 7.1, which I did. Everything was going fine until it came to "Erasing Applications" which it was stuck at for well over an hour until I eventually gave up and disconnected it, now it just gives me the red light of death (two red flashes) and refuses to turn on. I've tried everything suggested, using JLCmder to wipe it, downloaded the 7.0 OS again from Blackberry and used DM to try and install it to my phone but nothing works it always gets stuck at the beginning of "Erasing Applications". I've uninstalled the DM software and re-installed, re-booted my PC no end of times, used a different USB port, tried the install with the battery in, with the battery out, tried using AppLoader but that too gets stuck on Erasing Apps!!

I'm at my wits end with the bloody thing, my last 8520 lasted me two years without much incident and it seems this one's met it's grizzly end within it's first day, not a happy Blackberry bunny at the minute. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jimmy1809
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Orange

Re: 7.1 Update Has Killed My 9380 :(

Sorted, seemed there was a problem using Windows 7 64-bit, tried installing it using my W7 32-bit laptop and managed to get OS 7.0 back on the phone, now to just do the 7.1 update again on it.

Please use plain text.