Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
Brunette-22
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: o2

7.1 update 7 times unsuccessful...help

I have tried to update my 9360 to 7.1 in all 3 ways.. first via OTA which froze, even a battery pull didn't cancel it, eventually got out of this situation, then via the web update...this way I was able to find the update but again it froze during back up, tried this numerous times, i have also tried via the desktop software numerous times...most times it will not even connect to my BB and when it does the same thing happens.. the update freezes! usually around 10%. is there anyy solution to just getting this update to work?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
aiharkness
My Device: Z10 & PlayBook

Re: 7.1 update 7 times unsuccessful...help

Describe what you see, what you are calling freezing.  How long have you waited?  Any error message?

What did the device do after the failed OTA upgrade?  Did it boot up ok, or not?  If not, any error message?

Was the device working ok before you tried the upgrade?

Have you been using the computer with the BlackBerry before, and without any trouble?

What I'm thinking, assuming the device is basically ok and assuming you don't have an issue with your computer, is wipe the device with JL_CMDER or BBSAK, get the 507 error, then try installing the OS.  But don't do it OTA.

- Ira
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Brunette-22
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: o2

Thanks for reply. Freezing as in it has sat there for hours and hours in the same place (in the data backupm when updating on my pc) i do not have any emails msgs or contacts or the social feeds app on the phone as i deleted these to help but still nothing)

When updating OTA the phone just frooze again for hours at the same %, i did a battery pull and every time i put the battery back in it went back to the same 10% or whatever screen, i eventually got out of this by doing lots of reboots, my phone now has an icon to update the software ota which i haven't clicked on again since.

blackberry and pc all working fine. again tonight tried updating via the web update, same thing happened.

its the same issue SO many people are complaingin about. ridiculous. i love blackberry but the fact it has been so difficult to update software for basically a radio and battery saver is making me reconsider  :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
aiharkness
My Device: Z10 & PlayBook

So on this latest try it sounds like it is freezing while still downloading the OS modules to the computer?  I don't know the answer to that.

What I would do is install either your carrier's release or the latest official release and install using app loader.  See for example http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-install-or-upgrade-new-rim-blackberry-operating-system-os.  Or, see the latest OS thread for your model at blackberryforums.com.

- Ira
Please use plain text.
CKA
New Contributor
CKA
My Device: Torch 9810, 7.0.0.583
My Carrier: ATT

Thank you for your help, Ira. I'm going to the link you provided.

CKA
AKC
Please use plain text.