Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
lee1992
My Device: curve 9360 OS 7.1.0.336
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: 7.1 update

yeah we know 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
craigashy
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Orange/EE. UK

Also running a OS from another carrier renders your warranty invalid.
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lee1992

didnt for me

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lee1992

Do you want OS 7.1 on your phone or not ? 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
craigashy
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Orange/EE. UK

As said I'll wait for Orange UK thanls.
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lee1992

u wont be waiting long as they've released it for all of the other OS 7 devices already , so i expect they would of released it for the 9790 by June
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

craigashy wrote:
Also running a OS from another carrier renders your warranty invalid.

To clarify for everyone...this is NOT TRUE. It is one of the false myths that run around rampantly. Rather, if you use a device OS package that is of a version that your carrier has not decided to support, the if you call them for help on something and they discover that you are indeed on an unsupported (by them) OS level, they may refuse to provide you support until you fall back to their supported level. But, your warranty remains valid under the terms you agreed when you purchased your BB.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
darylm
My Device: NONE
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Equally true is the myth that software of version x is different from the same software version from another carrier.
Samsung Galaxy S5
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

darylm wrote:
Equally true is the myth that software of version x is different from the same software version from another carrier.

Correct...at the 4 octet level, an OS package for a specific BB model number is the same, at it's core, across all carriers. 7.1.0.391 for a 9900 is the same, at it's core, regardless of what carrier it is obtained from. But, that's not the entire story...

When a carrier agrees to release (and support) an OS, they "wrap" the core OS with their stuff...those annoying "teaser" icons from your carrier? Those can come with that wrapper, as can other things (e.g., carrier-specific apps). But, removing the VENDOR.XML file(s) from the PC after installing (to the PC) the OS package allows that package to be used on any BB of the same model number for which the package was designed, regardless of carrier from which the package was sourced.

Witness my profile...AT&T has not released that OS level, yet I am running it (from TeleNor Norway, as I recall) just fine.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
darylm
My Device: NONE
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

My carrier pushes a lot of the bloat out in service books, so even if I shrink it out, it appears on the phone anyway. Someone needs to write an app to delete unwanted service books!

Samsung Galaxy S5
Please use plain text.