Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
lee1992
My Device: curve 9360 OS 7.1.0.336
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: 7.1 update

same :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

The carriers are getting good at it; it's just another revenue stream for them, after all. An app to remove the SBs would have to be resident all the time, and then posts about "My AppMemory is Gone" would skyrocket again! :robotwink:

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
darylm
My Device: NONE
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I'd gladly have an app resident all the time if it would swallow unwanted service books. Somehow I don't think RIM would allow it into app world.

Samsung Galaxy S5
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Probably true, but then AppWorld is not a "sole source" of BB apps, after all...

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ChrisJoyce
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Hi Craig

Up to you, but Orange have given permission for their customers to update from Blackberry Direct See Blackberry OS 7.1  This isa link to an orange support web page.

I know it's headed 9900, but if you read through it mentions the 9790 so Orange cannot say you have done anything unauthorised.

It is easy, straight forward, and successfull, or at least I found it so.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
darylm
My Device: NONE
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I think you're wasting your breath.

Samsung Galaxy S5
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
craigashy
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Orange/EE. UK

I downloaded 7.1 from that Norway carrier and when I went into App Loader, it came up as 7.0.0. I check the App Loader and it had todays date. So it was the software. Does anyone know which other carrier has 7.1 for 9790?
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

There must be something you've not done...here's a few guesses...

craigashy wrote:
I downloaded 7.1 from that Norway carrier and when I went into App Loader

If that's all you did, then you left out a step or two. After downloading, you need to install it to your PC. After installing, you need to find and delete, on your PC, at least one (and possibly two) copies of a file named VENDOR.XML. Then, AppLoader should be able to pick up the OS package and offer it for your BB.

craigashy wrote:
I check the App Loader and it had todays date. So it was the software. Does anyone know which other carrier has 7.1 for 9790?

Well, what was the filename of what you downloaded? Telenor Norway indeed has 7.1.0.336 for the 9790 with filename of 9790M_PBr7.1.0_rel1133_PL9.16.0.102_A7.1.0.336_Telenor_Norway.exe.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
craigashy
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Orange/EE. UK

No I did nothing wrong. Everything downloaded and install. When I opened Apploader you could even see under each icon 7.0.0 ??? Even after I deleted Vendor. Even tried to install it but when it came up it was OS 7.0 so I cancelled it. May try again tomorrow. Day off work. Give me more time to mess around with it. But could do with another carrier OS 7.1. As Telenor Norway couldn't be the only carrier who have released it.
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...let me be more explicit...

Is there more than one BB OS package installed to your PC? If so, remove all but the one you desire to put onto your BB.

Did you find only one copy of VENDOR.XML? If so, then keep looking...there could be a second one (most often under the user folders hidden areas).

And, to repeat myself from my prior post, what was the filename of what you downloaded/installed?

craigashy wrote:
Even tried to install it but when it came up it was OS 7.0 so I cancelled it.

What does that mean? Exactly please...

craigashy wrote:
But could do with another carrier OS 7.1. As Telenor Norway couldn't be the only carrier who have released it.

In this thread, our friend Xandrex attempts, in his valuable spare time, to keep up with the releases from all carriers. But, he's not been able to do so as of late, so you must dig around using the official carrier download portal.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.