Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Regular Contributor
darylm
My Device: NONE

Re: 7.1 update

AFAIK, Telenor is the only carrier that has the most recent official release. The only newer OS is a leak, which you probably don't want.

Here is a link to the download site and some instructions to install it: http://www.blackberryos.com/9790-operating-software/29935-official-os-7-1-0-336-blackberry-bold-9790...

Skip the part about using BBSAK. It's not necessary.

Here are the steps if you were starting from scratch:

Install DM. (Be sure your phone will talk to it. This is a good time to back up your phone.)

Install the OS. You must reboot the PC after installing the OS. It's suggested that you delete any other versions of OS, but I have not found this to be necessary.

Remove BOTH vendor files. (If you're on Windows 7, there are two.) You can locate these manually or you can use a tool such as BBSAK or bbhtool or VENDELETE+. I personally use bbhtool and I always shrink the OS before installing it because I don't use a lot of the bloat that is normally included.

Start DM.

Connect your phone.

DM should offer to update the OS.

Follow the instuctions. It's very easy.

Samsung Galaxy S5
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
craigashy
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

I know how to install Offical & Un-offical, I've been doing this for years. Thanks anyway. I'm not bothered how old the 7.1 update, just wondering if any other versions are out.
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
craigashy

So downloaded telenor Norway 7.1 and installed it. Open DM didn't find it. Opened it in Apploader and every icon under the title of that icon said .7.0.0.14. It even comes up in my Docs as 9790M_PBr7.1_rel1133_PL9.16.0.102_A7.1.0.336_Telenor_Norway. Think I'll just wait for my carrier to release it. Thanks all
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
darylm
My Device: NONE

[ Edited ]

Two things to check:

Did you delete BOTH vendor files? There will be two. After you delete both files, DM should see it. You can do this manually or using a tool such as VENDELETE+, BBSAK or bbhtool. I've never used VENDELETE+ although a lot of people like it, because I use bbhtool to shrink the OS before I install it. I use it to delete the vendor files at the same time as I shrink the OS.

Do you have any other OS(es) installed on your PC? If so, you should delete them if removing the vendor files doesn't help. If you have more than one OS installed, it would be pretty easy to remove a vendor from a different OS than the one you're trying to install, which would not help.

Samsung Galaxy S5
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
craigashy

No other OS installed. But as said in Apploader it came up as 7.0.0. Can't be bothered now, so as said jusy gonna wait.
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
Please use plain text.