Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
m00nbeast
My Device: Not Specified

907 Invalid COD - Rhapsody (BBerry Storm 9530)

Greetings...

I click on V Cast Rhapsody - it asks if I agree with the terms - I give it permissions and download

the download bar fills up and then it gives  me an error: Download failed

I click details: 

"907 Invalid COD"

I've tried it several times in a row 

The desktop manager gives me absolutely no way to uninstall or reinstall or anything, from what I can find. 

Please help!  

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: 907 Invalid COD - Rhapsody (BBerry Storm 9530)

hello,

you have many pieces of explanation already discussed and solved on the forum :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/search?submitted=true&type=message&sort_by=score&advanced=tr...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
m00nbeast

Hi,

I did a search and saw a bunch of links with the 907 error but there was a bunch of stuff about .jar and .zip and having to unzip and rename things. None of them dealth with Rhapsody so I didn't really see a detailed solution to my particular problem.

Do you really have to go through all of that to do something that should be simple as pressing "remove", "delete" or "Reinstall" to fix an application on ones phone? The average user isn't going to be able to figure most of that stuff out.

If there is a size limit, then why make something that exceeds that size limit available to download wirelessly at all?

I'll just forgo the V Cast Rhapsody. It's not worth the headache.

Thanks for the response.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

in the following weeks, there will be a RIM App Store where yu can download many applications with just a click.
in the meantime, I am using other websites that allow to download applications either with ALX/COD files or directly OTA.

It seems that Rhapsody has one problem : the file seems big. It's their fault and not RIM's.
Besides, depending on your carrier, you will be allowed to download with your blackberry browser files that are smaller than a threshold. then again, the limitation does not come from RIM.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
m00nbeast

Yeah I wasn't blaming RIM but the Rhapsody developers.  I didn't think about the carrier limit. Now I blame Verizon :smileytongue:

Still, It's not like I need this app.

The RIM app store sounds cool. Gotta keep up withthe Apple Apps and Android Market eh? :smileywink:

I can't wait to see what cool stuff is available. I hope some stuff is cool and free.