Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Visitor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: T-mobile

9360 applications running only on WiFi

Hello from Poland.

I received my 9360 some days ago.

My mobile operator activated BES and everything was working prefect.

After I've activated Enterprise Account suddenly all downloaded applications and

preinstalled applications (like AppWorld, Facebook) are not running anymore with mobile network,

however same applications are working perfect on WiFi!

What could be the reason and where to ask for further support: mobile operator or my company IT support?

Or maybe one of you know the solution?

Thnx in advance for your help and best regards,

Lukasz

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: 9360 applications running only on WiFi

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

From your description and chain of events, I'd surmise that when BES was activated, the IT Policy that was placed onto the BB contained restrictions that are now blocking these apps from functioning correctly. It is odd that they work OK via WiFi, though. All in all, I'd talk to your IT Support. To test carefully, you'd have to remove BES, cleanse the BB of the IT Policy, and see if things return to normal. Then, re-do the BES activation, changing absolutely nothing else, and see if the same thing happens again. If so, that's pretty conclusive that something in the IT Policy is the problem.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code