Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: o2

9360 curve OS7.I download

Hi

On Sunday I successfully update my phone to OS7.1 directly over wifi, from the prompt on the phone's update alert.

Because the download used 90mb of app memory I cannot load any apps due to lack of app memory!

The point of the upgrade was to access new app world. I'm looking at playbooks but I'm wavering now I can't download the Bridge.

Any ideas folks?  

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: 9360 curve OS7.I download

Are you getting any specific prompts?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: 9360 curve OS7.I download

App memory is app memory.  An OS download does not interfere with that portion of your phone's memory.  Downloading and installing an updated OS should not affect the memory set aside for apps.

There's a member here who can give you a great explanation of this.  His name is sdgardne and I suggest you get in touch with him for an expanded explanation of what memory is available for what processes on your phone.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.