Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

My Device: Not Specified

A Couple MySpace Problems

I finally got the app on my BB and I've had the same issue as a few others about it going to my e-mail first and then popping up on the MySpace app.  My other issues are that I can't find where I go to approve comments and I can't get rid of the MySpace icon on the top of my screen (where a missed call or a message would be).  Please someone help me. 

THANKS!!!

Amber

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: A Couple MySpace Problems

Hello and welcome to the FSmiley Happyrums!

First , go to your myspace icon on your blackberry and hit the menu key. check for updates. 

Next regardin your icon on top of your screen. I had one there for weeks before i figured out what it was. you have to clear your messages from your blackberry to get rid of the number. When you go to your myspace, go to your comments . you can go to the top and scroll over to comments. Check there for any unread messages. Do the same for your inbox and friend requests. 

Now, make sure your notifications are all set to alert you on your email that goes to your blackberry (same one that your myspace is set up to usually).

Hope that helps. If not let me know and we will continue to trouble shoot.

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Yes,

I have downloaded Myspace to my Blackberry Storm about four times, but I cannot log on.  I'm a new user, but I don't see anywhere to enter new user information.  I do get the email and password prompts, but I can't enter anything for the password because it hasn't been set up and I don't see how to do that.  Can someone help, please!

Thank you,

Jay

Contributor

I have the same problem.  The first time I tried to install MySpace on the Storm it wanted me to log in.  I assumed that I was suppose to us my BlackBerry email and password.  It didn't work.  I have tried reintalling it several times but the same thing happens.  I have also cleared all history, temporary cookies, and cache.  There was an icon in the download folder for MySpace which I moved to the application folder, but in the "application center" folder  MySpace is still shown as uninstalled.  The times I have tried reinstalling it, I am asked whether I want to replace the current MySpace version.
Elite I

When I had the myspace icon on my phone, when it asked for user name and password - it was for my myspace name and password for myspace.

LIke Jay said, I also cannot find anywhere to register for myspace to create a user name and password.

New Contributor

Hi,

Unfortunately, this is circular reasoning.  I do not have a MySpace user name or password.  I am trying to use the Storm to create one.  It seems to me that if the service is offered you should be able to set it up from the Blackberry.  Also, my Blackberry is currently my only personal internet access; therefore, the only means that I would have to set up a MySpace account.  Is there a solution to this?

Thanks,

Jay

Elite I

I would suggest goin to myspace.com on your storm browser and set up the account.