Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: A2DP Support on 8800?

Hi jbburks! It seems that you're offended by the words in the forum. I would recommend you to contact RIM directly on whatever issue you want to discuss. Research In Motion 295 Phillip Street Waterloo, ON N2L 3W8 Canada Ph.519-888-7465 Fax.519-571-9899

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jbburks
My Device: Not Specified

jcrochford:

I was asking specifically about the 8800. The general release (AT&T) software on the 8800 does NOT do A2DP. In fact, the media player will not play through Bluetooth even mono. Very frustrating. Glad to hear it works on the 8820, and I'm very hopeful it will work on the 8800 when 4.5 is released. Several other boards mention that this is a feature of 4.5, and I'm hopeful it will be coming out soon.

tanzim:

Yes, I was rather offended, both by the tone and words. I didn't ask the fanboy question "does anybody know where I can get 4.5". I didn't say "gee, I've got 4.5, wow". I asked if anyone could tell me whether this was in the feature set, and got jumped on with both feet. And, when I visited the website mentioned in one of the posters' signature, I found lots of photos of unreleased RIM products. Gee.

Your post was the most helpful and I appreciate it, but I don't have enough time in my life to start with explaining to the RIM switchboard operator what the question is... it would make about as much sense as calling the Microsoft switchboard.

OTOH, as I pointed out earlier, Microsoft, IBM (Lotus Notes) and others put the feature set description, and often beta code, out for developers and others to download and give feedback on, as well as crank into their purchasing plans. It's up to RIM to decide what to do but I think they are missing a bet.

Please use plain text.
Leffson

Actually his comment to contact RIM was less than Helpful. I have been looking for information on A2DP support for the 8800 for quite a while. The only thing contacting RIM will get you is a boilerplate:  I'm sorry but being a publicly traded company we cannot comment on upcoming devices models or features to include firmware upgrades for current market devices.

A boilerplate response that I find somewhat irritating as Microsoft and other publicly traded companies can and do release information bout upcoming products or scheduled changes/upgrades to products. I was even told on the phone once that legally, because of government regulations, they could not release any information until the product or service was released and available. When I pointed out that even RIM releases adds for upcoming products and will advertise a release date I was disconnected.

And people wonder why RIMs market is ripe for the picking by any smart phone device company that has decent product and a modicum of customer service. The company is just lucky that the other players in the field are as clueless about customer service as they are. Personally I'd like to see a real shakeup by an upstart to get the current players to refocus on the customer.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
mlehrer

I have the Blackberry 8830 World Edition and today I got the Motorola HT820 Bluetooth headset and can not get it to Pair.  What was your step by step procedure if you can share with me.

Thanks

Please use plain text.