Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Visitor
wblewett
My Device: Not Specified

Able to send and receive MOST emails (Exchange/POP email problem)

Hi, I just got my blackberry yesterday and everything is going pretty smoothly.

I have my work email bill@placeofwork.com set up as well as my personal gmail account. I began receiving and was able to send emails with both right away.

However, I run into a problem when: (1) I send an email from my BB using my work email; and (2) the recipient RESPONDS to the email. The result of this is that the email is delivered to my Outlook but never gets sent to my BB. However, if the recipient were to compose a new email to my bill@placeofwork.com address it is received in both places. The problem is apparently only when they try to reply. I searched the forum and FAQ but couldn't find anything on this topic.  Another coleague in my office has the same exact problem with his BB as well.  The "reply-to:" field lists the correct address.

I don't know much about BBs or the dark inner workings of email, but I may know just enough to be dangerous. With that in mind I have a suspicion of what may be contributing to the problem. In email settings > advanced settings for my bill@placeofwork.com address my placeofwork.com exchange server is listed. However, in my Outlook there are two email accounts listed - both using bill@placeofwork.com - one for the exchange server and one using POP3/SMTP. Is this "double-dipping" of my bill@placeofwork.com email address among the exchange/pop accounts something that could be causing me to not receive these reply messages?  I do not know why Outlook is set up this way in my office, but it is for everyone in the office.

I'll note that I have received every single email to my bill@placeofwork.com address on my BB except those that are replies to the messages sent from the BB. I have also not had any issues with items "syncing" in the sense of being marked read or unread in Outlook when read on the BB. I do have some access to the exchange server if needed, but I'm not the IT guy and so any big modifications are probably not do-able without assistance.  Additionally, I do not have this same problem with my gmail account, it is only my work email.

I'm using Outlook 2003 on an XP. My BB is a "world Edition" which I think is 8830. I know my OS is not the most up to date, but not sure what it is (won't play the Pandora or Yahoo Fantasy Football apps if that is helpful at all). Sync cord is in the mail for the upgrade. Please let me know if I need to provide any more information that can help solve this issue.