Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
easynotcomplex
My Device: Not Specified

Adding Contact Through PIN Request -- BB Messenger

In attempting to build my contact list in BB Messenger, I was having difficulty adding contacts by email request and was told it was smoother to do this via PIN request via email request.  How do I add contacts via PIN request if all I have is there email address and telephone number?  In Add A Contact the only option it gives me is to add a request via email and not by PIN.  Please help!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Adding Contact Through PIN Request -- BB Messenger

Hello,

to get the "add PIN", I think you can try two things : the soft reboot, and if it does not work, the hard reboot. Don't worry, you can't lose data with these two reboots.

Soft reboot :
1) Hit the three following keys at the same time :
- Alt
- Left Shift
- Delete
2) wait 2 minutes for the Blackberry to wake up.

Hard reboot :
1) your Blackberry device is on
2) remove the battery and wait for a minute
3) Put the battery back
4) wait 5 minutes for the device to wake up.

Please tell us if it works for you.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cmdshorty
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Adding Contact Through PIN Request -- BB Messenger

I've always just found it easier to add the PIN to the contact name.  I think the email only works if it's a BB email such as; alltel.blackberry.com.  BB emails will always have the carrier name then blackberry.com.  And just an FYI...the BB messenger only works with other BB's.  You're not able to, let's say, add a Yahoo or Windows contact to BB Messenger.
Please use plain text.