Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: BB Curve 9380

App Error 200 when updating Device software on a BB 9380

My desktop software askedme to upgrade the device software, I followed all the instructions waited the 2 HOURS it took to do this and when it got to the bit where it reboots, my phone popped up the App Error 200 and then got stuck in a loop..

The pc just kept rebooting the phone and the phone just kept giving the same error.

Im about to unplug the whole lot and go home to try again. My phone now seems to be a brick?

HELP! :smileysad:

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S

Re: App Error 200 when updating Device software on a BB 9380

[ Edited ]

Hello ToniYoung

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Please try this Knowledge Base to resolve your issue with this Error :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

I hope you already have a backup of your device , Or if you device allow first do a backup .

Additional Information can be found here :

KB30100 :  "JVM 200" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Try it and let us know if you feel any issue.

VIA |  Elite II

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/error-app-200/m-p/2484385#M200531

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
New Contributor
My Device: BB Curve 9380

Re: App Error 200 when updating Device software on a BB 9380

Hi, I tried all of the above repeatedly to no avail. I eventually got the device working by installing an older version of the software. Each time I tried to upgrade it got stuck in the same loop with the error 200.
I did however loose all my data. My apps returned when I loaded app world but phone and bb contacts are gone.
When I reboot now. It still tells me to upgrade my bbm but no new upgrade is availible and when I connect to the PC it wants to upgrade. Incredibly annoying.
My backup was lost because my desktop software also crashed in this upgrade and had to be reinstalled. Think I'll just live with old settings :smileysad: