Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB 8100 Perl - Vivo Brazil

I want to download the Blackberry Perl 8100 device software, version 4.2.1.91 (platform 2.3.0.75) for the specific service provider 'Vivo' in Brazil.

I went to the Blackberry Desktop and Device Software Download Site and I could not find this service provider there.

The closer I could find was  Latin America/South America - Telefonica, which has an older version 4.2.0.79 (platform 2.2.0.39) for Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Panama, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru, Guatemala, Nicaragua, El Salvador and Uruguay but not Brazil.

Can someone help? 

Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: BB 8100 Perl - Vivo Brazil

It is acceptable to install the 8100 software from other carriers. Just make sure that your not trying to install software  for the 8110, 8120, 8130, etc. There is a thread over at BlackBerryForums.com that keeps track of the latest software version for the 8100. The installation instructions are the same except for one additional step (remove vendor.xml file).
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BB 8100 Perl - Vivo Brazil

Thank you so much. As you can imagine...I just got my Perl and I'm a total newbie, totally anxious to get OS 4.5. I will learn and get there.

Again, thanks for the response.